mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Medium Jeckyl Fit 5'6" woman?

Hello -

Found a deal on a medium Jeckyl 600 - Can i get that to fit my 5'6" girlfriend with saddle, seatpost and stem tweaks?

thanks
    SR

R.I.P. DogFriend
    My daughter rides a 2003 medium Jekyll 500. She is 5'9" and of average proportions. She has the seatpost up quite a ways, but the bike fits her well otherwise.

Me thinks that a small might fit her better, but a medium might be ok if she is somewhat long in the torso.

Sofa King We Todd Did
    For what it's worth, I ride a small Jekyll and I'm about 5'4". Saddle, seatpost and stem tweaks are one thing, but is there too little or too much room in terms of the tob tube? That's the bit I always look for, enough space in the top tube area. My Jekyll came with a stem that's rather short as it is, so I dunno how much shorter those stems can get.

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyRacer
    Hello -

Found a deal on a medium Jeckyl 600 - Can i get that to fit my 5'6" girlfriend with saddle, seatpost and stem tweaks?

thanks
    SR

I'm 6.0ft tall and ride a MEDIUM... But hey! Sometimes saving money is the most important stuff!

Honestly, i wouldn't buy it... Take the time to find the bike that fits properly. Women even tend to take the bike one size smaller to get a closer fit and a quicker handling. If she goes for the medium, she'll have to put a really short DH style stem and get a bent seatpost and put it the other way around to feel confortable with cockpit size on the Jekyll!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm 5'11'' and ride a medium jekyll. For me I think the medium is perfect, but I think a medium would be too big for her. I'd hold out and try and find a small.