Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005

Medium cage on Rush?

Anyone out there running a SRAM X.O medium cage rear derailleur on their Rush? I was thinking about doing this but wondered if the rear suspension prohibited using this setup? By the way I am running a 22-32-44 and an 11-32 cassette.

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by kuna
    Anyone out there running a SRAM X.O medium cage rear derailleur on their Rush? I was thinking about doing this but wondered if the rear suspension prohibited using this setup? By the way I am running a 22-32-44 and an 11-32 cassette.

I am using one, but with a 12-32 cassette. You should have no problem at all as 1 less tooth would not make a problem for my setup- plenty of cage for the job.
    When in the small ring up front, I do not go beyond the 5th gear(18 tooth cog) in the rear, but it can still cross over to the 2 big rings with no problem.
    If you cross chain at both ends, you will not have enough cage though.
    Mine shifted flawlessly until I got a stick caught in the derailleur 2 weeks ago. Even with a new hanger, it is still not as crisp as it was. I think it tweeked the derailleur a bit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Before I sold my Rush for a Prophet I had a 2x9 set up (22/32/bash) with an XTR medium cage derailleur and it was just fine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I run a 2x9 44-29x11-34 and I am using a SHORT cange X0 with no issues. I know the capacity numbers dont add up, but it shifts great. No excess chain slack, I am never in small-small anyway.