mtbr member

Me, God, and my Canny.

Hey Guys. I had a Fantastic Ride yesterday, beautiful fall day, took some pics, and thought I'd share. Hope nobody minds.
    This is Just outside of Baltimore, MD around Loch Raven Reservoir.
    Attached Images Attached Images

LA CHÈVRE
    Nice! That last one has beautiful colors in the trees, you can almost feel the temperature. Reminds me of those wallpapers that were popular in the 70's....

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

cannondale rider
    nice pics man

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks for the new background images!

mnt bike laws of physics
    I think it is those of us that live in the desert that mind the least. Thanks for the refreshing photos Greenhill.
    I am looking forward to being back east very soon, but all the leaves will be gone by then....at least from the trees

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, i'm glad you liked them. I know there are more appropriate places to post pics of Scenary Rides, but being a huge Cannondale Fan, I wanted to share them here.
    I usually don't take pics, don't even take a camera... but my last couple rides, with these fall colors have been awesome... so i snagged my camera, and took a lazy ride and snapped some pics.... I'm a little late actually, we are a bit past peak, but there are still some good colors out there.
    anyway, glad you liked them.

LA CHÈVRE
    It's already all white here, went for a ride on icy trails last sunday, you could roll right through mud or water puddles without getting dirty... unless they were big enough that both wheels had enough time together on the ice, then it would break! I didn't have my camera though.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Unit 91
    Nice! I havent ridden at Loch Raven once, but spend most of my time in Patapsco. The trails in your photos look just like Patapsco yesterday. Made locking up the brakes fun! Great pictures Greenhill! Are you new to the area?

mtbr member
    I would swear that they were taken in England, UK. It looks just like that over here at the moment. Awesome!

Nice bike too.

www.27gears.com

mtbr member
    Cool Dan, I love winter rides. It's not quite winter here in B-more yet, but i'm sure it's coming soon. looking foward to it.

ThePhrophet, yeah the leaves can make it interesting some times, especially when they are a little damp...very slippery! Moved to MD in 2002, I mostly ride at Loch Raven due to proximity. I do Love to go down to Potapsco however. Avalon is some of the best riding i've ever done! It's awesome down there.
    so, I'm pretty sure I bought my Bike from your shop. I know your name from the Maryland Rides Threads... I think you organized the Sunday Morning Rides at Potapsco right??? I always was meaning to meat with you guys, but just never did. and you always posted to look for the "Van" with your store name on it in the parking lot. which is the store i bought my bike. on Falls Road?? (sorry, i'm trying to be descrete). are you guys still riding down there??

Prophet1000, it's funny that you said that, I have a friend from England that i've ridden with out here and he always said how our trails reminded him of his home trails.

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhill
    ThePhrophet, yeah the leaves can make it interesting some times, especially when they are a little damp...very slippery! Moved to MD in 2002, I mostly ride at Loch Raven due to proximity. I do Love to go down to Potapsco however. Avalon is some of the best riding i've ever done! It's awesome down there.
    so, I'm pretty sure I bought my Bike from your shop. I know your name from the Maryland Rides Threads... I think you organized the Sunday Morning Rides at Potapsco right??? I always was meaning to meat with you guys, but just never did. and you always posted to look for the "Van" with your store name on it in the parking lot. which is the store i bought my bike. on Falls Road?? (sorry, i'm trying to be descrete). are you guys still riding down there??
    Yea I organized the Sunday rides. We have stopped doing them now but we will probably bring them back in the early spring. The ride is advertised mostly from our Columbia store where I work, but we do have a location on Falls Road. I am always willing to show someone around Patapsco though. Theres a lot of trails to be ridden in the park, so it may take a couple times to see a lot of it.

mtbr member
    The foliage in your pics make my Florida riding so boring...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    Yea I organized the Sunday rides. We have stopped doing them now but we will probably bring them back in the early spring. The ride is advertised mostly from our Columbia store where I work, but we do have a location on Falls Road. I am always willing to show someone around Patapsco though. Theres a lot of trails to be ridden in the park, so it may take a couple times to see a lot of it.

Cool. I'll watch out for the Potapsco Sunday Rides Thread to start back up in the Spring... hopefully i'll make it down there... On Average, how many riders would gather? and also, about how many miles would you guys ride?
    ........Oh yeah, I Forgot about the Columbia Store... yeah, I bought my bike from the Falls Road store. Great Customer Service!

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhill
    Cool. I'll watch out for the Potapsco Sunday Rides Thread to start back up in the Spring... hopefully i'll make it down there... On Average, how many riders would gather? and also, about how many miles would you guys ride?
    ........Oh yeah, I Forgot about the Columbia Store... yeah, I bought my bike from the Falls Road store. Great Customer Service!
    8-9 sometimes. Since the ride starts rather early, its hard to gather a lot of riders. We will usually cover 8-10 miles which usually equates to about 2-3 hours of riding. But its varies really with who is riding.

Glad to hear that! If you ever need anything let me know.

mtbr member

Great Shots

Thanks for posting them

Members who have read this thread: 0