mtbr member

MBA September Issue Bike test

Hi,
    Way the Prophet take only the 4th Place? Way the testers tell the prophet don't fell like 5.5inch feels only like a 4inch travel bike. i rode the prophet in any situation and specially on DH section the travel feels more than 5.5inch. plus the benefit that you can change between two setup position is just a winner fact .?!
    any comments?
    Last edited by 8664; 07-29-2007 at 02:59 AM.

ride.

mtbr member

Time

Tine to face facts there are better designs on the market now ...try a Reign or Nomad... blows my prophet away...when i buy a new bike it wont be another SP design ...unless maybe a linkage operated, and much stiffer rear design.

mtbr member
    Gee whiz. MBA didn't like a Cannondale bike? What are the odds?

It's all opinion (and advertiser dollars).

Each bike has its tradeoffs. Where were the bikes tested? Out West? Wide-open terrain? Boulders? Lots of double track? Not Cannondale's forte.

Cancel your subscription to MBA and graduate to Dirt Rag. You're IQ will instantly increase by 50 pts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Gee whiz. MBA didn't like a Cannondale bike? What are the odds?

It's all opinion (and advertiser dollars).

Each bike has its tradeoffs. Where were the bikes tested? Out West? Wide-open terrain? Boulders? Lots of double track? Not Cannondale's forte.

Cancel your subscription to MBA and graduate to Dirt Rag. You're IQ will instantly increase by 50 pts.
    but thats realy bull*hit what they hafe tested!!!

ride.

mtbr member
    yeah I agree, had they tested a scalpel or tested a Rush, things would have been much different. I think the single pivot design is great and simple, single pivot could arguably be the most compliant design out there. Oh well, doesn't change my opinion and I still like cannondale more then anything else
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com