mtbr member

max vrs fox 140's

i just picked up a prophet 3 with a fox. and im a little upset that there is no lefty. i figured.... eh. but the handling is nothing like a lefty. i knew this when i got it, but it was a wim. anybody else feel this way. any way to do anything with the damping or anything? sucks....

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    want my lefty?

mtbr member
    Just curious how the rear end handles with the rp23...

mtbr member
    RP23? whats that...

mtbr member
    and a little off topic but this bike is like full SRAM. where is SRAM stuff made? it seams so much cheaper built than Shimano. this bike has a X-9 r-der and X-7 triggers. where does that line up with shimanos line?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by broomhandle
    i just picked up a prophet 3 with a fox. and im a little upset that there is no lefty. i figured.... eh. but the handling is nothing like a lefty. i knew this when i got it, but it was a wim. anybody else feel this way. any way to do anything with the damping or anything? sucks....
    FYI- it takes 2 or 3 rides to break in the seals on a new Fox fork. There's a fair amount of stiction until after it's broken in, which makes it feel over-damped.

mtbr member
    and a little off topic but this bike is like full SRAM. where is SRAM stuff made? it seams so much cheaper built than Shimano. this bike has a X-9 r-der and X-7 triggers. where does that line up with shimanos line?
    X-9 = XT
    X-7 = LX

mtbr member
    The Fox rp23 should be the shock.
    That fork is very tuneable, and besides break-in, it could need some adjustments in compression/etc.

ganginwood

"shimano should have quit when they were making fishing reels"

mtbr member
    im running a fox rp23 on my prophet if any one wants to ask questions....

mtbr member
    im running a "FOX 32 TALAS RLC".... ive ridden prophets with the max and i love them. this is a 07 prophet 3z.... its rides nice, but im not sold on it.

and does anybody know where SRAM is made? it just feels like its going to break, like cheap metal and plastics. shimano is all made in japan. but i see everybody is saying SRAM is better now, and people are switching out there XTR for X-0.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rw420
    X-9 = XT
    X-7 = LX
    thanks!

Ridin' dirty!
    im running a "FOX 32 TALAS RLC".... ive ridden prophets with the max and i love them. this is a 07 prophet 3z.... its rides nice, but im not sold on it.

and does anybody know where SRAM is made? it just feels like its going to break, like cheap metal and plastics. shimano is all made in japan. but i see everybody is saying SRAM is better now, and people are switching out there XTR for X-0.

No clue were sram is made at but it's not necessarily better than xtr IMO....
    I replaced my xtr/dura ace chain for a sram PC-991 hollowpin chain and it sucked!
    Right out of the box it had SEVERAL stiff links and wouldn't shift right period .
    I wasn't able to loosen them up like with other chains I had before because of the riveting technique they used on the hollowpins.
    Bottom line was I tossed the sram chain and used my good 'ol xtr chain and it works flawlessly even after an entire season of riding.
    I will swap my sram stuff for xtr once it breaks, that's for sure..... .
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V