mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Max Rotor Size for F600

Does anyone know what the max rotor size is on the 2005 F600? Is this the same for the front and back? Does a larger rear rotor affect anything? Right now I have the stock 160's and am thinking of going bigger. Thank you.

mtbr member

depends

if you have the stock avid BB5's on your F600 you can go to 180 or 203 front and back although you would need to purchase caliper adaptors (about $10 each) to change the mounting position of the caliper to accommodate the increased radius.

I have P600 with BB7s and will soon be going to 203F and 160R. I posted a thread in the brake time forum inquiring about different sized front and rear rotors and received some interesting comments/suggestions. You may want to take a look.

Here is a link to the thread:

185mm F & 160mm R ?

Good luck. sweet bike btw. elgordo

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yes I do have the stock BB5's but I will be getting the BB7's. The only problem is that Avid does not make a 180 sized rotor, only a 185. I was planning on putting the 185 up front. Are you saying the 185 won't fit up front on a F600 2005?

mtbr member

oops

sorry i meant 185 not 180. and with the apropriate adaptor (mounting bracket) you can install a 185 or 203 on either the front or back. The BB5s and BB7 use the same brackets, rotors and hardware so there is no issue there upgrading to the BB7s. i included the link because many people, and for good reason, recommend larger front and smaller rear rotors.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I am running 185 BB7's front and back on my F2000SL (Yr 2000 model). Great fit and no issues so far. They are a whole lot better than the Coda disc brake system that came with the bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0