mtbr member

Manitou Swinger on Raven II

Follow up to an older thread about putting a Stable platform on my Raven II (yeah I know, all Raven's a doomed, will shatter in 1000 pieces just by looking at them and will be swallowed by the earth after that... but I actually like my bike!)

Anyway, I call thenice folks at Manitou to get some info on the 3 ways Swinger. They do have a 6.5" x 1.5" (although they are out of stock until mid-april), but the narowest hardware the claimed to have was 21.8 mm.

Problem is, a quick measurement on the Raven frame gives me a width between the tabs where the shock mounts of 15.5 mm!

I've seen people in this forum who have mounted swingers on their Super V, so..

- Are the measurements different on the Super V (my Raven is a 2001 year model)?
    - Was the Manitou sale guy smoking something he shouldn't have?
    - Or have people modified the hardrware to make it fit?

Thanks for the help.

Denis

R.I.P. DogFriend

Clear as mud...

It looks like the reducers for some of the Raven II's share part numbers with a few of the Super V's, but not all. And I wouldn't see this as absolute gospel. According to this, my bike (99 Super V 900) came with either a Vanilla R or Vanilla RC and I have never seen one with anything but a "plain" Vanilla. Here is the table that I acquired that may help you. The reducer part numbers end in either an "A" or an "F". I assume this means "fore" and "aft".

mtbr member
    If you have a swinger, could you measure from me the width (external) and inside diameter of the eyelets?

I assume the reducers are just plain alumimum spacers... If the shock body fits between the tabs on the raven (15.5 mm from a quick measurement), I might be able to just get my local machine shop to either machine down an existing set of spacers or make some from scratch.

DRC

Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    It looks like the reducers for some of the Raven II's share part numbers with a few of the Super V's, but not all. And I wouldn't see this as absolute gospel. According to this, my bike (99 Super V 900) came with either a Vanilla R or Vanilla RC and I have never seen one with anything but a "plain" Vanilla. Here is the table that I acquired that may help you. The reducer part numbers end in either an "A" or an "F". I assume this means "fore" and "aft".