mtbr member
    Nov 2004

magura ccs install??

Anyone know what it takes to install a Magura CCS headshok cartridge? Is it something I can do or does it require a shop to do? Special tools?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The September issue of Mountain Bike Action had the full instructions on how to install the cartridge. I'll hunt it up later and post the important facts later if no one else responds to this thread.

Lazy People Suck

It takes a castle tool

I installed mine with the Mountain Bike Action article open in front of me as I did it and it was pretty easy. Just be methodical and follow step by step. You will need the Headshock castle tool and a pin spanner.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

I have a CCS

Quote Originally Posted by crepitus
    Anyone know what it takes to install a Magura CCS headshok cartridge? Is it something I can do or does it require a shop to do? Special tools?
    Anyone looking for a CCS cartridge? I had my shop install one for me, then I took the bike(Jekyll) to Moab and rode it twice. I loved the cartrige compaired to the original, but I stumbled into a deal on a Lefty 140 SPV that I couldn't refuse. I never did understand why anyone would make a bike with 5" in the rear and only 3" in the front. I'm sure the fork would be awesome on a hardtail or a Scalpel. If anyone's interested in the cartridge or whole fork send me a PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Your headshok

Quote Originally Posted by lewdj
    Anyone looking for a CCS cartridge? I had my shop install one for me, then I took the bike(Jekyll) to Moab and rode it twice. I loved the cartrige compaired to the original, but I stumbled into a deal on a Lefty 140 SPV that I couldn't refuse. I never did understand why anyone would make a bike with 5" in the rear and only 3" in the front. I'm sure the fork would be awesome on a hardtail or a Scalpel. If anyone's interested in the cartridge or whole fork send me a PM.

What's the model and in what color ? How much do you want for it ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyGTA
    What's the model and in what color ? How much do you want for it ?
    My headshok is an '02 Super Fatty. The color is blue on top fading to white on bottom. It came stock on an '02 Jekyll 700. It's condition is good, the original damper went bad, so I put in the CCS. Big improvement! I'd take $250.00 for it. That was what I paid for the new Damper.

mtbr member
    I recently installed one with no problems. I didn't have the castle tool - so we used a spanner wrench. It took two of us to make sure the spanner didn't slip, but it worked.
    The CCS system works great. The fork rides completely different. I wonder how I ever rode the pogo headshok - it seemed almost dangerous.
    Give it a shot!

Members who have read this thread: 0