Braunstein Frere
    Nov 2004

M400, circa 2000

Hey there,

Does anybody out there know which forks can be used with this bike? I was told that only certain forks would fit. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Braunstein Freres
    Hey there,

Does anybody out there know which forks can be used with this bike? I was told that only certain forks would fit. Thanks
    I have a bike like that, and I mounted a Marzocchi Comp Eta.
    But have one thing in mind!!!
    My fork is a 100 mm, it's too much.
    It's like riding a chopper...

There use to be a slight missunderstanding about C-dale and forks.
    If you ride a C-dale with a Lefty or a Fatty, in that case it's not that easy.
    The diameter is much wider using a Lefty or Fatty.

Lucifer rides an mtb

M400 is standard

When I originally read your question about this topic on the general discussion forum, I had an M400 (no front suspension) confused with an F400 (Headshock). Sorry about misleading you that your frame would only accept Cannondale specific fork sizes. While I was in to pick up my bike today, I talked with my LBS mechanic who told me M400's have a standard 1 1/8" headtube and will accept standard forks that fit that head tube size.

Braunstein Frere
    Nov 2004

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Big K
    When I originally read your question about this topic on the general discussion forum, I had an M400 (no front suspension) confused with an F400 (Headshock). Sorry about misleading you that your frame would only accept Cannondale specific fork sizes. While I was in to pick up my bike today, I talked with my LBS mechanic who told me M400's have a standard 1 1/8" headtube and will accept standard forks that fit that head tube size.
    Thanks for the input! I currently have a Manitou Magnum fork on the bike and it's doing fine, but it's good to know that I can upgrade if the mood strikes me.

Are you talking to me?

Have it checked.

it may be the older 1 1/4" threadless steer. I do not think so, but I am not positive. If it is, all is not lost. there are a couple of headset makers who make a headset that goes from 1 1/4 to 1 1/8. It is supposed to be 1 1/8".
    gfy

Braunstein Frere
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    it may be the older 1 1/4" threadless steer. I do not think so, but I am not positive. If it is, all is not lost. there are a couple of headset makers who make a headset that goes from 1 1/4 to 1 1/8. It is supposed to be 1 1/8".
    Thanks for all the help fellas. I just had my bike tuned up and ready to ride, but of course, it's snowy and REAL cold here in the Northeast. I'm not sure about biking in the snow.