Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

looking for a left over prophet

hey i made big mistake and sold my prophet, money problems...anyway now i want to get another one but i would like to get an older leftover for a fair price, can anyone tell me where to look, i have a couple bike shops looking for me but if anyone knows of any left over somewhere or maybe a nice demo let me know please....thanks

banned
    What size?

mtbr member
    oh yeah, i am looking for a large, and the bike i had was prophet 1000 so i would like to get the same spec type...i think its called the prophet 3 now...

El Pollo Diablo
    at least a couple prophets in the classified ads here, plus they show up on ebay all the time...
    I'd offer to sell you one of my frames, but Miss Cleo is an XL and my main ride, and the other is a wee little medium.

best of luck to ya!

mtbr member
    man i have calling alot of places and i cant find one, i looking for at least a prophet 3 or better for a good price, every place i called has prophet 5 and thats it...can anyone point somewhere that might have one....thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

mtbr member
    yeah i saw that on the rei sight but i am looking for a prophet 3 or prophet 1000 with a lefty and hydraulic brakes...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

mtbr member
    i am running out of places to find a good prophet 3, but i was at another shop and saw the new 2008 giant trance 2, man thats a really nice bike, took it for a quick spin and i was impressed, nice geometry, good parts, light and sharp handling and she is a looker! if i cant get my hands on a good deal with a prophet, i might have to jump ship on a giant trance. i feel a little guilty because i have been a cannondale guy for a 8-9 years since the super v days... have any you guys seen this bike, what do you think of it, i know its a total difference in bike choice but....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    but there is no lefty on giant? It looks like you want to try something new....

I have been in the LBS and saw Cannondale row FS frames...they are just beautiful....

mtbr member
    thats the thing the 2008 prophet no longer have the lefty...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Ok, so you want cannodale for lefty.... Did you know that lefty is still in their 2008 catalog? This means you can purchase it if you really need it. My LBS has plant of Rush bikes with lefty.

mtbr member
    i got the new catalog, if you look there is no longer 140 mm thats what the prophet runs...i still havent jumped ship, but i still cant find a cannondale prophet 1000, or prophet 3 anywhere i am in new jersey, can anyone tell me where i can find one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nonojoe
    Ok, so you want cannodale for lefty.... Did you know that lefty is still in their 2008 catalog? This means you can purchase it if you really need it. My LBS has plant of Rush bikes with lefty.

Wrong lefty. The rush has a Lefty DLR, air spring. The 2005-2007 Prophets had a lefty max, 140mm coil spring. That's the one Cannondale stop producing because of manufacturing supply issues I believe. I still think it is the best fork ever made

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Your best bet is to get the dealer's list of the cannondale web and start calling. Some will ship it based on my experience. And try craigslist and ebay...

mtbr member
    yeah at the moment i have a couple of shops talking to there reps between new jersey and pa, but i havent gotten a call yet, bummer....if i cant find one i might be looking at either the giant trance x2 or the riegn 2...if anyone hears anything let me know...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Makes sure this place is not fake! They has some leftovers...

Santa Cruz Blur: Edmund Woods Bicycle Shop?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

That is a scam beware !

That edmundbike guys is a very old scam , you will never see anything after you wired you $$ to them in spain. Don't waste your time there.

If you are looking for a prophet , I picked up spanking new 07 P5 with a left Max from Athens Cyclepath for $1000 bucks in mid Sept , don't know if they still have any left , but doesn't hurt if you give them a call , just google Athens Cyclepath and you will get their info.

Good luck in your search.

mtbr member
    nope no more, damn i am just about to throw in the towel, i have called so many places and i cant find one, if anyone can locate a leftover 2007 large prophet 3, 2, or even a 1 please let me know, i am in the new jersey area but i am willing to drive to pennsylvania, new york and maybe a little farther if i have to...if anyone can help me find one its you guys on this excellent forum...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Did you call them? I am not sure if they are real or not but they seem like....

also: http://www.google.com/products?q=200...=1&sa=N&tab=wf

Was that a Bobcat?
    How about a prophet 4? Has the fork and hydros.... not sure how the rest of the spec compares. Here's a link you might want to try:

http://blackmountainbicycles.com/ite...gId=39&id=4442

mtbr member
    thats the thing i am heavy 225lbs so i really need platform in my shocks to avoid the bob thing, thats why i want at least a 3 or better, dont want to sound picky but i know thats what i want spec wise...

Unit 91
    Let me check at my shop tomorrow. I know we have a couple Mediums in the 3 but I will double check...and I'm in MD by the way.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    cool thanks...

mtbr member
    really quick whats a decent price to pay for a prophet 4000 in mint condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast