mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New question here. looking at a jekyll

Hi all I'm considering a 2nd hand Jekyll atm. price is ok and the headshock needs a service, but i'm very interested, I always wanted one of these.

I found this pic in the photo threads can I please have some help identifying the model so i can do some research?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails looking at a jekyll-jekyll9.jpg  

29er you just know when ur ready!!!!

Cyclist of Borg
    Considering the shock mount, it is an '02 or before. go vintagecannondale.com and look at the catalogues for 02 and before
    Resistance is to high a gear.. i mean futile

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    How much are they asking for it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

looks like a 2000 Jekyll 700

But beware of those Coda disc brakes , they sucks big time when they were NEW , now they are just bad news after a decade of use ... you say oh no problem I will buy new set , then you will realized in those days , Cannondale Coda uses one of a kind 4 bolts hub and rotors , you will have to buy new wheels , new and rotors and brakes in other to get rip of those outdated Coda brakes.. the cost adds up fast , unless you are willing to live with those decade old brakes , don't pay more then 500 for this.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I've owned over a dozen cannondales with the Coda brakes and they are not as bad as you claim. And why would he have to buy new wheels and rotors or whatever? You can buy many new disc brake systems that will still adapt to the cannondale rotors.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IROC-Z
    I've owned over a dozen cannondales with the Coda brakes and they are not as bad as you claim. And why would he have to buy new wheels and rotors or whatever? You can buy many new disc brake systems that will still adapt to the cannondale rotors.
    +1

Coda disc brakes that are serviced work good enough.

If you get the bike for $500.00 or less I say buy it.

Jekyll frames were very well built, think early Prophet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

The bike is in Australia, like me!

HE he, a little attempt at humour.

Anyway the asking for the bike is AU $600, i was looking at this as a trial bike general go for a ride and have a bike of fun nothing hardcore, definitely no jumping. And yees the brakes would go i actually prefer BB7's anyway, there are XT hydro's on it atm.
    29er you just know when ur ready!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

nice-

I have one identical to this with similar issues (headshok & brakes). The Jekyll SL is an awesome bike, Im willing to rebuild mines.

keep us posted-

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Glad to see a couple of guys still hanging on to their Coda , but buying one now is a complete different story , while you can always find old stock somewhere or online , but are you willing to spend the time and money to search for simple parts from around the world instead of just going down to your local shops for a pair of pads or rotor?

And if you are in down under , best of luck in findig Coda left over parts , check if out first if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbikebuddy
    HE he, a little attempt at humour.

Anyway the asking for the bike is AU $600, i was looking at this as a trial bike general go for a ride and have a bike of fun nothing hardcore, definitely no jumping. And yees the brakes would go i actually prefer BB7's anyway, there are XT hydro's on it atm.