makin skid marks
    Jun 2007

Longish 1.5 stem?

I'm looking for a 100-110mm stem for my Gemini 900, kind of like what was stock on the '03 model. I know Answer makes something like this; is there anything else?
    Actually I abhor cycling- I just like wearing tight shorts

mtbr member

stem

Quote Originally Posted by bassteban
    I'm looking for a 100-110mm stem for my Gemini 900, kind of like what was stock on the '03 model. I know Answer makes something like this; is there anything else?

wow...that's long for a gemini.
    Are you strictly using it for a trail bike?
    I'm assuming you need a 1.5 version??
    check JensonUSA and Universalcycles.com. They should have many that fit your needs.

makin skid marks
    Jun 2007

I'm overcompensating...

Here's the deal: I had a first-year Gem 900- it came stock w/a 90-100mm medium-rise stem, IIRC. I grabbed a Diabulous stem & spare(short)seatpost/seat set at a nose-up kinda sorta DJ angle, & I already run platforms on all my MTBs, so after a quick stem & post swap & I could go play downtown or hunt for jumps, or go for an epic-for-me near 10 mile XC type thingie. Long story short- I just got a 2005 G-900 & want to set it up in a similar fashion. It came stock w/a pretty short stem, so now I'm after something that will climb a bit better. I'm very long in the torso- I used to run 150mm stems on bikes w/23+" TTs comfortably, but of course that was back before the term 'all-mountain' was coined. So I search. Thanks for the input. May I also say right here that I LOVE THIS BIKE..? Because I do.

makin skid marks
    Jun 2007

Still looking...

So my local shop is checking to see if Cannondale can do something for me, & I found that Answer used to(or planned to)make a 105mm 10 degree 1.5, but it's been discontinued. Anyone else?

makin skid marks
    Jun 2007

Sooo...

You guys are all laughing at me, right?
    'Longish stem in a Gemini- dork! Get a Rush/Prophet/Judge & we'll talk to you...
    ...maybe!'
    J/K- my local shop guys are out of town- I can't even ask them & I just need to gripe a bit.
    But seriously, now-
    Anyone..?