mtbr member

A Little Help Locating a Bike (Frameset or Complete)

Looking for some assistance in finding a frameset or complete bike for sale (preferably the frameset).
    I have been looking for a long while so perhaps some of you may know someone sitting on one of these who may wish to sell it if approached? Looking for a size Large in good condition. Thanks for taking a look and PM me if you know of any

Im looking for one of the following as pictured (e.g. in Raw, Polished or Galvanized)...

2005-2006 Prophet 4-Cross Team Replica OR MX1

OR the 2007 Prophet MX2

Last edited by proxy; 06-24-2008 at 10:48 PM.
    PrOxY

got the dhr...
    Looks like your teying to buy used? I'm pretty sure cannondale has leftover 2007 prophet mx's in large. Check your local dealer (ask them about leftover bikes) or you could allways do what I did, and buy a normal prophet and set it up to be really burly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by luseboy
    Looks like your teying to buy used? I'm pretty sure cannondale has leftover 2007 prophet mx's in large. Check your local dealer (ask them about leftover bikes) or you could allways do what I did, and buy a normal prophet and set it up to be really burly.

Thanks for the response,

I'm looking for new or used, but I have been looking for some time and there are no 07's at Cannondale nor any shops in Southern California. The thing is, I want the galvanized, raw, or polished frame types (pictured) only. Please let me know if you run across one
    Last edited by proxy; 06-24-2008 at 10:50 PM.
    PrOxY

got the dhr...
    well the 08' prophet 3 is raw. You could get one of those frames and convert it to a prophet "MX" (prophet frame built up like an mx) or continue your search. Is there a particular need for an MX, or would a normal prophet fit the bill? I ride my prophet in some pretty hardcore terrain (5' drops, jumps, etc.) and It has held up well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    You are being picky about colors which is not helping considering Prophets of any kind are becoming more and more scarce. Why are you so hell bent on the MX or 4-Cross? How are you going to ride? I have my Prophet setup like a MX with a DHX Air and a 36 TALAS...as a trail bike it performs best with 130mm in the front...160mm is way to much and makes the front end sloppy, at least on the trails. Is it rear end stiffness you are after with the thru 12mm axle? I have a set of Industry Nine Enduro wheels with a 10mm DT Swiss RWS axle...all the rear end stiffness I need.

My suggestion to you...consider how you intend to use this bike! For just all mountain trail riding, the stock 140mm Prophet is plenty. If you are adamant about having a long travel Prophet...get whatever you can find and upgrade it over time; it is a more fun experience that way too. Other than finding a used frame, I'd say you are SOL on color; take what you can get...if you must have a raw or galvanized frame...pay someone to blast the powdercoating off!

Where to get a Prophet...Call Mike's Bikes in Northern California. I know they have a bunch of Prophets in stock that they are trying to rid. Their prices are very fair and customer service is unmatched.

The Prophet is an absolutely amazing bike; without question, my favorite mountain bike of all time! Don't let color and options get in between you and your Prophet. Get what you can, upgrade what you think you should and SHRED THE KNAR!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi,
    the Cannondale shop/test center in Diano Marina, Italy (italian riviera) has a MX like the one you want for sale as used.

I was just there on holiday, and remembered they had a lot of raw MXs for rent.

http://www.emporiobike.it/img/prodot...ti/prophet.jpg or www.emporiobike.it, hit "bici usate" for the list of used bikes.

The owner is english speaking, named Claudio.

I guess though, that the price and shipping makes this a bit troublesome for you anyway...

Good luck!

got the dhr...
    The normal prophet is just as strong as the prophet mx, except for the 12mm thru axle in the rear, and the extra gusset in front, wich is only to accept a 160mm fork, which suposedly feels slopy anyway. If you want the stiffnes, then just get a normal prophet, and a bolt-on rear axle (I have mavic deetraks, and it is just as stiff, if not stiffer in the rear as my brothers turner highline, which has a 12mm through axle, and is also a freeride bike, so I'd say that's impressive) And seriously, I don't think you should just look at prophet mx/4x model. Like the previous poster asked- why can't you be satisfied with a normal prophet? If you think that the normal prophet isn't strong enough, then the prophet mx isn't strong enough, like I said before-basiclly the same frame. trust me, the prophet is strong, and I must mention-FAST. I can keep up with my brother, and he's on a FR bike (and he also has raced for 5 years, but I never have), so I think you should buy an 08' raw frame (they make them) and pimp it out with strong parts (like I did).

Just ride
    Keep an eye on Ebay?
    You know what sucks worse than training? Losing.
    You know what sucks worse than losing? Nothing.

Ride on

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesofsmyles
    You are being picky about colors which is not helping considering Prophets of any kind are becoming more and more scarce. Why are you so hell bent on the MX or 4-Cross?
    Thanks for the response. I am being "picky" because I want the factory backed 160mm fork capability, and because it completes a Cannondale bike collection I have been accumulating for years (all in Raw, Galvanized, and Polished aluminum). As I stated, I have been looking for some time, eventually one will turn up

Thanks for the other suggestions,
    Last edited by proxy; 06-25-2008 at 04:57 PM.
    PrOxY

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Ebay worked for me. I had a search running for 6 months before I found my frame. I scored a 2007 Caffeine frame for $125 that way. I am pretty happy about that. You can set it to email you the search results every day if you want. I've got several running right now for various things. Its a good way to test the market too as you can have several months worth of info on whatever you're looking for.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I have what you seek, PM sent....
    Attached Images Attached Images

ride more
    Mar 2007
    My dealer has a raw MX for $2100, it's been demo'ed and he rides it a little. He might sell just the frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by powersusa

how much?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by powersusa

Many thanks, email sent and I am running the numbers to complete the bike based on your asking price

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    My dealer has a raw MX for $2100, it's been demo'ed and he rides it a little. He might sell just the frame?
    Thanks as well, PM sent
    PrOxY