Thread: a little help

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

a little help

I have an older Cannondale F200 Cad 1 frame that is laying around the house, drinking my beer and eating my food. I need to part with this little monster. The frame is straight and never been crashed. It has some scratches from normal use and I thought about building it up as a single speed, but I already have a single speed. So my question is: How much do you think the frame is worth. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I'm not trying to break anyone's bank with some outrageous price.....but I honestly don't know how much this thing would be worth. What do you all think?

Thanks

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by acrisvenator
    I have an older Cannondale F200 Cad 1 frame that is laying around the house, drinking my beer and eating my food. I need to part with this little monster. The frame is straight and never been crashed. It has some scratches from normal use and I thought about building it up as a single speed, but I already have a single speed. So my question is: How much do you think the frame is worth. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I'm not trying to break anyone's bank with some outrageous price.....but I honestly don't know how much this thing would be worth. What do you all think?

Thanks
    Don't expect to get more than $180.- or $200.- bucks for it.....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    $30-40 for the frame. It has no disc tabs and if it's old enough uses a 1 inch steerer. I have a '96 F200 in Viper Red. I hardly ever ride it anymore. Real nice bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hey thanks guys....I was figuring somewhere around 50-100. It is an older one with a 1 steerer. Nice frame though. Would make an awesome around the town single speed.

Cannondale Snob
    get a custom 1" lefty steerer for it...
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs