Thread: Lemon Rush

Albany West Oz

Lemon Rush

Well here I am proud owner of a new Rush that I was so looking forward to....didn't come with a sexy hollow BB, shame, looked so good in the picture but the picture isn't the spec I am told so bad luck, oh well, can't see it when I am riding. The bars were not shaped properly, the reduction in diameter was off center, no big deal got it swapped over to a different bar by the shop, new bar right width so okay. Asked them to check out the metal scraping noise the fork DLR2 was making, yes it is my first cannondale, they seemed to think that was pretty normal but I wasn't happy so I asked if I could drive it up to their other shop where the staffer had 'dale experience, he did one compression and told me not to ride it, fork is now other side of country getting serviced and I am back on my hardtail for the holidays.

Someone tell me things will improve... I rode it twice and it was exactly the ride I dreamed it would be. What should I expect from cannondale re the fork service, they said the bearings are selected individually for each fork and that it is too tight. Your thoughts...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Sorry to hear you are having problems.

My Prophet has had no problems except for the ones I have created. (sometimes rear derailers gets bent as you bike rolls down 30 ft into a creek.) I love riding my Lefty too.

The good side is it not summer and you can't ride everyday with the weather.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

Are you talking to me?

it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Freediver
    Well here I am proud owner of a new Rush that I was so looking forward to....didn't come with a sexy hollow BB, shame, looked so good in the picture but the picture isn't the spec I am told so bad luck, oh well, can't see it when I am riding. The bars were not shaped properly, the reduction in diameter was off center, no big deal got it swapped over to a different bar by the shop, new bar right width so okay. Asked them to check out the metal scraping noise the fork DLR2 was making, yes it is my first cannondale, they seemed to think that was pretty normal but I wasn't happy so I asked if I could drive it up to their other shop where the staffer had 'dale experience, he did one compression and told me not to ride it, fork is now other side of country getting serviced and I am back on my hardtail for the holidays.

Someone tell me things will improve... I rode it twice and it was exactly the ride I dreamed it would be. What should I expect from cannondale re the fork service, they said the bearings are selected individually for each fork and that it is too tight. Your thoughts...
    The bearing races are fit for each fork, and it sounds like they are on it. I am sure you will be riding soon.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freediver
    .... I was so looking forward to....didn't come with a sexy hollow BB, shame, looked so good in the picture but the picture isn't the spec I am told....
    I was expecting my white 08 Rush 4 with silver Sun Equalizer 24 hole's rims with a silver front hub. Instead i got the WTB Speed Disc XC, 32 hole black with black hubs. Doesnt look the same
    Is there a reason why they dont deliver the bikes with 24 hole's rims as the specs?

surf418

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by surf418
    I was expecting my white 08 Rush 4 with silver Sun Equalizer 24 hole's rims with a silver front hub. Instead i got the WTB Speed Disc XC, 32 hole black with black hubs. Doesnt look the same
    Is there a reason why they dont deliver the bikes with 24 hole's rims as the specs?

surf418
    I just got the other color of the 08 Rush 4 and it came with DT rims (24 hole) with a silver rear hub, but a black front hub. I would say that Cannondale doesn't have the Sun rims (or silver lefty hubs) yet and they are having to find replacements wherever they can. No offense, but I would have been pretty ticked if I had recieved 32 hole WTB rims.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I would say the speed disc xc is a big downgrade too, personally. I would have expected 4.2d dt swiss. That's what comes on the comparably specced (actually cheaper) prophet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWV
    ... No offense, but I would have been pretty ticked if I had recieved 32 hole WTB rims.
    I AM and thats why the bike is still sitting at the LBS. I have till saturday to decide if i take it or not. Franckly, i think i'll wait 2 months to see if next order will have the sames wheels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by surf418
    I AM and thats why the bike is still sitting at the LBS. I have till saturday to decide if i take it or not. Franckly, i think i'll wait 2 months to see if next order will have the sames wheels.
    What happens on Sat? Is someone else interested in the bike? Why do you have to wait 2 months? Does the shop only order bikes every couple on months? If you decide to wait, just have the shop call Cannondale and find out what wheels would be coming on the bike.

Have you tried to get the shop to come down some on the price?

mtbr member
    Yes, someone else will pick it up tomorrow. I informed my LBS that i would pass on this one.
    Did anyone got a 08 Rush 4 yet ? What king of wheels it got ?

surf418

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have a white large 08 rush 4 (picked up early November 2007) and it came with DT Swiss X430 24 spoke. I havent heard of this model. It also had the silver dirty flea rear hub and black front.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    didnt thin k the 08 rush 4 came in white.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    yeah, from what I hear, white is all cannondale still has in stock for that model in the warehouses. Also, the x-430 is a new rim, also comes on several other bikes like the GT Sanction 1.0 and Force 1.0 to name a couple. I'd say it's one step below a 4.2d (just guessing)

mtbr member
    DT Swiss X430, i dont find it on DT website. Is it a OEM wheel, not available anywhere else than on the bike when bought new ?

mtbr member
    Here are the DT rims.... http://www.dtswiss.com/Products/Comp...s/XR-rims.aspx

They look like a decent mid range rim....quite a bit heavier than the Sun, but probably more durable.

mtbr member
    Thanks ZombieWV

got the dhr...
    i got an 08 prophet 2. online it showed a white seat post, and white hubs. the seatpost was black, same with the hubs . i dont care so much about the seat post , but white hubs would be cooler than black ones . i think that the problem is is that cannondale orders a certainnumber of well lets say that wheelset, and when they run out, they buy a new shipment. i think its just that the rush was orded in between the time of running out of the wheelset, and getting a new shipment. i say, have your lbs call cannondale, ask them for a rush, and tell them to be sure it has the sun rims. ohh, and for anyone who is wonderin, the dt swiss xr 4.2d's are sweeet for all mountain. maybe a little heavy, but still sweet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    what type of hubs are those on the 08 rush 4? did they come stock withthte bike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu
    I have a white large 08 rush 4 (picked up early November 2007) and it came with DT Swiss X430 24 spoke. I havent heard of this model. It also had the silver dirty flea rear hub and black front.
    Malibu, The wheels on your bike, they're Mavic's isnt it ? Crossmax ?

Albany West Oz
    Just an update, fork came back from Cannondale (Australia BTY, so it ain't snowing and I am riding) and was a totally different beast - smooth as. I have now replaced tyres, grips and bars and it feels fantastic. I forget the rear shock is there it works so smoothly, keeps traction on climbs without any feeling that you're paying for it with bob.
    Cannondale were really helpful on the phone, apologised for the inconvenience and sent me a jersey. Nice gesture, makes all the difference.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    surf 418 Yes they are Mavic SLR's. I was just telling everyone what came on my bike. I have not ridden the DT"s yet I am going to get another set of rotors 1st.