mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Lefy vs FATTY SL

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the Lefty forks vs FATTY SL. I left Riding Mountain bikes in 2002 and went to road. I am now returning. I never had the experience to try the Lefty forks and wonder about the different models, and how they compare to the Fatty SL forks of their time.

I am looking to buy a CAD 5 frame and have to decide between LEFTY and FATTY.

As I have no knowledge of the Lefty models when they came out I would appericiate any info help on this.

THanks

Music & Bikes
    They are not called CAAD anymore , look for Flash and CO2.
    Your budget may decide.

I ride Fatty's and love 'em.
    If you look for shorter travel , XC type of ridin' , go for the Fatty.
    If you want more travel , go for the Lefty.

BTW 777's are nice axes !!!
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    the new Lefty Max is balck and seamless and my buddies tell me its better than my Max, With you, I'd say if you have a hardtail- get a fatty, is you have a dual sus- get the leftr that matches!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    As you come from the road side of things I'd say get a Fatty. You'll have a harder time adjusting to the longer travel Lefty, besides the Fatty is stiffer according to my SOTP metter, and almost as light.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    fatty's are becoming obsolete. i run a lefty terralogic on my '99 F3000. love that it has +30mm travel. in fact, i'm thinking of refreshing the drivetrain to 2x9 (XX crank + X0 r der/twist + XT cassette) this fall.