mtbr member

Lefty XLR not staying locked out

When riding with the fork locked out for a period of time (like a long fireroad climb) it slowly sags until it is at the bottom of it's travel. Mendon, any ideas? Other than that the thing works great when not locked out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    This happened to my 2010 lefty speed dlr a few months ago. Took it into the shop and they had to replace some seals on it. It was still under warranty so no cost.

If I had to guess your fork will need a part or part(s) replaced on it. Better to bring it back into the LBS.

mtbr member
    I've seen/heard about this happen to 5 separate lefty's. Will be interested to see what the views are. I've heard stories from "its a feature" to an o-ring needing to be replaced as it was spec'd too big!

No good in rock gardens..
    Lockout and rebound went on my 08 Speed DLR, but it still worked otherwise - had to go for a rebuild. (was two months out of warranty...)

With all these threads about various Lefty issues and constant bearing resets, I have to wonder why people still say they are so awesome...
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideknob View Post
    Lockout and rebound went on my 08 Speed DLR, but it still worked otherwise - had to go for a rebuild. (was two months out of warranty...)

With all these threads about various Lefty issues and constant bearing resets, I have to wonder why people still say they are so awesome...
    Because for every person that has "various Lefty issues" there are people like me that have been riding Leftys since they first came out and have experienced NO issues whatsoever. I also do not "constantly" reset my bearings, but when I do it takes about 5 minutes.

mtbr member
    I don't really care to hear people's opinions of the lefty being good or bad. If you know the answer or the fix, please help. Otherwise keep your opinions to yourself. Thanks guys

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yes sir! Is there anything else we can do for you?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rumshcawheely View Post
    I don't really care to hear people's opinions of the lefty being good or bad. If you know the answer or the fix, please help. Otherwise keep your opinions to yourself. Thanks guys
    It's a migrated O ring. If it occurs while riding (until you get it replaced), you can pogo the front end while locked out and see if it returns. If it doesn't, unlock the fork and pogo it, then re-lock it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md View Post
    It's a migrated O ring. If it occurs while riding (until you get it replaced), you can pogo the front end while locked out and see if it returns. If it doesn't, unlock the fork and pogo it, then re-lock it.
    Thank you so much!