KPH
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Lefty Wheelset - Mavic Crossmax ST

Just about to fit my new Lefty wheel to my new lefty fork and have a question.

The wheel arrived with the bearing dust seal in a separate bag. I know where it fits, however the question is, Q1 should the bearing be pressed into the hub further than it currently is - I expect the answer is yes, but no harm in double checking.

As the photos show, the disc rotor has to be removed to fit the dust seal, but currently the bearing outer race is flush with the hub face (that the rotor sits on). Q2 The dust seal should be flush with the hub face, right ? Also, Q3, is it normal for the rotor to be overlapping with the bearing hole ?

One final one, Q4, what torque does the end cap need to be tightened to - can't seem to find any reference to it, only the end screw.

Thanks,

Lefty Wheelset - Mavic Crossmax ST-p-mavic-lefty-hub-bearing-01.jpg

Lefty Wheelset - Mavic Crossmax ST-p-mavic-lefty-hub-bearing-02.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Q1 should the bearing be pressed into the hub further than it currently is - I expect the answer is yes, but no harm in double checking. See if the bearing can be pressed in further, fully seating it into the socket.

Q2 The dust seal should be flush with the hub face, right ? Some people remove the dust seal. On my Cmax ST, I still have it and it fits flush between the bearing and the rotor.

Q3, is it normal for the rotor to be overlapping with the bearing hole ? Yes

Q4, what torque does the end cap need to be tightened to - can't seem to find any reference to it, only the end screw Snug, not torqued, BTW it's also left hand thread.
    Last edited by jdinsj; 11-13-2010 at 05:50 AM.
    2014 Cannondale F29 Carbon 3
    2009 GT Peace 9R SS
    2008 Cannondale Prophet 4, Lefty Max TPC

KPH
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks a lot for the helpfull answers.

Fitted the lefty this morning and all apears to be good.