mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Lefty warrenty: anyone have to pay shipping?

Just wondering if anyone has had to pay shipping from cannondale back to the lbs?

The shop that sent my lefty in was not the shop i bought the bike from. Thankfully they said they would send it off for me. Of course i would be paying shipping to cannondale as it wasnt ought from them.

Now im told I need to pay return shipping. In my intustry never would a customer have to pay return shipping on a problem that was not from the end user.

Is this just how they do things. If so its not fair for the lbs to eat the return charges. If I bought the bike from said dealer theres no way I would be paying it. And what happenes if it breaks againg. Shipping isnt cheap.

Is this a normal thing in the bike world?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I paid shipping from the shop to Cannondale. I was annoyed at first, but, the shop has been pretty good to me, so, I figured it's my turn to pay them back. I only thought that because I assumed they'd pay the shipping and be reimbursed because it was a warranty issue. $55.00 for a brand new fork is pretty much a sweet deal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yea 55 is a great deal for a new fork but mine was only 3 months old. And i payed 2g for the bike. I guess if thats the way cannondale does it I know for next time. But still seems odd I have to pay the return. That should be on cannondale. It wasnt my fault it broke

mtbr member
    I had to pay shipping for a warranty issue with my Fox fork. I paid the LBS when I got the fork back. I don't know if it was for one or both ways. I just assumed it was one way. Maybe it is an industry thing. I was annoyed at first but then I was just relieved they warrantied it and didn't say it was my fault.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yea warranty is a big plus. Happy about that. Shipping to cannondale, totally fair. Since the lbs made no profit on me. They have no obligation to help me. But heres where i see a problem. If i bought it at my lbs, would they be charged shipping fee? Do they eat the 70bucks in shipping. They shouldnt as this is clearly a factory issue.