mtbr member
    Jun 2010

lefty ultr 120 limit travel?

is there a way to limit travel on a ultra 120? i need to block 1/2 inch of travel for a 69er conversion on a 2010 rz120. at full compression i get rubbing on the tire, 1/4 inch would even do.
    Thanks

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    While I haven't had one of that exact fork in my hands, I have to assume that a standard 29er kit would take care of it.

Have you been told otherwise? Just curious, as the answer seems so obvious, which is why, on an active board like this one, you got no answers in two days....

Comes with 3, 10 mm clip spacers to prevent full travel, and an air volume reducer to keep progressivity correct. There's two styles, make sure you get the one right for you. Either Solo Air, or the older standard DLR2 style.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    like craig said, use the clip on travel spacers for the sl/dlr2 forks.

if you add something in the air chamber (i used a cane creek thudbuster elastomer with shaved down sides, works fine), then you probably can get away with just 2 (20mm worth) travel spacers. i ran this set up with a high profile bontrager 29-3 2.25 tire without any problems.

if you do not add a volume reducer, then you will need to reduce travel by 30mm.WARNING...this will feel funny as hell and you will blow thru travel
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle