mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Lefty supermax??

Anybody with a trigger29er 1 or a lefty supermax can you please run to your bike and pop out the lockout and tell me if your getting 100% lockout because on mine in or out it makes no difference at all. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yes... I get full lockout.

mtbr member
    I do not get 100% lockout but more like a limited travel setting. Same with all of the ones on the shop floor too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hmm I wonder what's up with that.I thought mine was busted so I sent it out for repairs with Cannondale and when I put it back on its exactly the same and the rebound doesn't make a difference all the way either way. How's the rebound on y'all's fork does it change when you turn it either way.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    SuperMax as well as the other Hybrid Leftys do NOT have a FULL lock out but rather a stiff platform that limits its travel engagement. This is normal and is actually more desirable for most trail conditions. It also helps protect the internals. The older Leftys did have a full lockout.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KINTARO View Post
    Hmm I wonder what's up with that.I thought mine was busted so I sent it out for repairs with Cannondale and when I put it back on its exactly the same and the rebound doesn't make a difference all the way either way. How's the rebound on y'all's fork does it change when you turn it either way.
    The rebound is a very small adjustment, it does make a difference on mine but not huge difference.

mtbr member
    I thought my lockout wasn't working properly too. Standing still with it locked and pushing down on the bars it feels very ineffective, but while riding it is quite stiff, albeit not a full lock out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Ok well now I know I'm not the only one ,I guess I'm just used to my scalpel.I'm having such a hard transitioning from the scalpel 29er to the trigger I feel real clumsy on the trigger but I can be surgical on the scalpel. I guess I just need more seat time on it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have a PBR and it can be tuned to have more or less of a platform.

I have mine set as a "blow off" to use a Fox term. I had it set as a near lockout at first. Then, there was this one time I came over a hill fast and did not dare take my hands off the bars as this rock garden appeared out of no where. Let's just say that rock garden hurt my shoulder without me ever crashing in it.

Anyway, I just had it tuned to have it not compress when I stand, but compress some on harder hits. It's all relative to weight, pressure, tire size and all. So, it may take some experimentation.

Now, since it's a 29er hybrid and mine's a 26 PBR, all the above info maybe useless to you.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KINTARO View Post
    So wait, your dealer sent back your fork, to be looked at, despite the fact that it was working correctly, and you simply didn't understand the way the fork worked?

What a fantastic dealer, such a wealth of useful and helpful information and education! Cannondale needs to make sure they sign on more dealers who know and understand the product so well. Why bother to teach the customer the ins and outs of their bike, when you can just let their bike sit for a few weeks and charge them for the pleasure?

Hope they didn't charge you for that utter waste of time and effort.....

As others have said, yes, it is not a complete lock out, though it can be internally tuned to be more firm. The rebound is not going to be super slow, ever. Why? Cause you'll never need it that slow, so why bother giving you that portion of the range.

Start by turning the rebound fully clockwise. That's as slow as it gets. You then have about a turn, to a turn and a half, before it's fully fast. If you really want more range, you can either have the shim stack retuned, or, use thicker oil in the damper.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    No no the main issue with the fork was that it leaked out all the oil overnight.so when we called Cannondale we mentioned the lockout situation they said to send it in It seems that even Cannondale wasn't aware of the lack of full lockout.That is why I was asking for other experiences I have the one and only supermax in whole city.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Just for the record, the blowoff threshold (lockout firmness) on the Scalpel and Hardtails is higher than on the Trigger 29. XC riders have different needs than Trail riders.