mtbr member
    Feb 2004

lefty with sram remote lockout reset...

Hi,

I was wondering if the bearing reset procedure is different for the new lefty with the SRAM hydraulic x-loc? Also I have a recent issue with the fork bottoming out a bit and staying down. I can stop, put my foot on the top of the tire and pull up on the bars to get full'ish travel back. I've got nearly 100 psi in the fork, which from what I recall is what I've run in the past, I weigh 170. I actually just checked the web for pressure recommendations and for 175 it says to start with 105. So I'm on the number for pressure.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

-matt

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmor
    Hi,

I was wondering if the bearing reset procedure is different for the new lefty with the SRAM hydraulic x-loc? Also I have a recent issue with the fork bottoming out a bit and staying down. I can stop, put my foot on the top of the tire and pull up on the bars to get full'ish travel back. I've got nearly 100 psi in the fork, which from what I recall is what I've run in the past, I weigh 170. I actually just checked the web for pressure recommendations and for 175 it says to start with 105. So I'm on the number for pressure.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

-matt

the actual reset procedure is the same, but you have to remove the lock out line from the top of the fork.....I don't know how to disconnect it though.......if you still have the same issue after the reset it is likely you have a stuck solo air piston which causes to much negative air build up.....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I have the same question, would be interested to see if there is any installation/ de-installtion guide/ white paper which describes the resetting with SRAM remote lock out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    reset is exactly the same. remove the lock out clamp from your handle hars and fit it through your shimano BB tool. do not have to mess with removing any hoses.

Ridin' dirty!
    Once you removed the top cap you can remove the entire remote lock out unit.
    See the instructions here:

http://www.eighty-aid.com/fileadmin/..._Lefty_OMS.pdf

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by celesteian
    reset is exactly the same. remove the lock out clamp from your handle hars and fit it through your shimano BB tool. do not have to mess with removing any hoses.
    Ah I see, yes, that makes sense.
    But this brings me to the next question: Is there a better „open“ BB Tool than the Shimano? The tolerances on my versions (I have 2 laying around here) are horrible, that is the reason I use a Park Tool BB „nut“ instead of the Shimano on my BBs.

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega1848
    Ah I see, yes, that makes sense.
    But this brings me to the next question: Is there a better „open“ BB Tool than the Shimano? The tolerances on my versions (I have 2 laying around here) are horrible, that is the reason I use a Park Tool BB „nut“ instead of the Shimano on my BBs.
    You can always cut a slot in your park tool bb tool.....just big enough to get the line through....