mtbr member

Lefty springs and suggested weights

I had a good trawl but couldn't find a definitive thread on this.

What are the different colors.. red, green, blue etc and what are the suggested weights for them?

Also what do I have in mine.. it looks like a silver one?

It keeps bottoming it out so i need a firmer one. im about 180-190lbs

Cheers in advance
    Last edited by Karve; 08-07-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Drink...sleep
    It's a titanium one. They're all grey, but have a coloured shrink wrap. Take it out further, and you'll see the plastic shrink wrap around the spring. You have a Large Prophet 700SL right? Then it's a blue one. You could go for the red one if you like, it's one higher up. Red is available in titanium as well. If you opt for titanium, I think it's cheaper to get one for the Lefty Max 130, on which the Lefty Max 120 on your Prophet is based (that is, if it's still available), instead of the newer one for the Max 140. They're all the same, but just a different part no. But check the prices with your dealer to be sure. You could also pop the red steel spring (for the newer Lefty Max 140) in there. An advantage of going this route is that the steel spring is way cheaper. I've tried this on my Prophet SL. The only thing is you need to cut off the preload spacer a bit, unless you want to ride with 5mm of extra preload, as the red steel spring is 5mm longer than the blue titanium. Hope this helps you out. Any questions, just ask

mtbr member
    OOOh titanium lol I never realized.

Cheers for that. I will indeed go for the red one and see how that works out I need to do something.. im ploughing through all my travel compressing the fork for bunny hops lol.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Alot of times, the shrink wrap is gone, they also typically put little paint blops along the srping on one side. FYI
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Does anyone know where I can order the springs online? I need to order a red one as well.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Does anyone know why the TPC and the SPV take the same springs but have different suggested weights for both?

See chart taken from the Cannondale below

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Ha, thought I had an answer, but no, it's backwards. Odd, I would hazard a guess that even though the SPV is a firmer ride, the inability to significantly adjust compression damping, may lead them to think of the spring set up should be a hair plusher for SPV. Head scratcher for sure
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com