mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Lefty Speed Carbon SL 110 DLR2

What's the difference between the Europe vs US ver of the 08 Scalpel Team Lefty's?
    SL 110 vs the SL 110 DLR2 ???
    On the golefty web site they reccomend the Lefty carbon speed fox inertia "Terralogic"
    Which Lefty is that??
    http://www.golefty.com/flash.html

LA CHÈVRE
    It's the same thing. There are sometimes a few typographic differences between bike specs. Lefty Speed SL, Lefty Speed SL DLR2, Lefty 110 DLR2 SL, all the same.

The Lefty Terralogic was a Lefty Speed with Fox Terralogic internals (kind of like an auto-lockout). It's not made anymore, it was last made as a 2006 model.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I assume the Lefty FOX RLC kind of replaced it?

LA CHÈVRE
    Not really. The Terralogic was aimed at racers as it felt stiffer most of the time, only speced on the Team Replica models. It was replaced with the SL as the racer's Lefty but both are different, the SL is the lightest Lefty ever and uses similiar technology as the standard DLR2 Lefties. The new Fox RLC Lefty is more a trail Lefty than a pure racing one. It's a bit heavier and smoother, it's not air sprung like the SL or Terralogic, it's coil sprung and has more adjustments than the DLR2... It's still racable though but it is half a pound heavier than the SL.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 01-16-2008 at 10:11 AM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scarsellone
    I assume the Lefty FOX RLC kind of replaced it?
    No. Totally different animal. The terralogic lefties came on higher end "race bikes" and then (i believe) Cdale had to answer the all the other companies that were coming out with really light forks on their "race bikes". The terraligic lefty weighed 3.5 lbs and then the next year (07) cdale came out with the SL which weighed 2.72 lbs. That was needed when Trek and Specialized were advertising weights of their "race bikes" much lower that years scalpel bikes. So basically the older Scalpel was starting to become one of the more heavy "race bikes" on the market and cdale was looking to remedy that problem. now they redesigned the Scalpel and have a much lighter platform to work with. I peronally am a huge fan of the Terralogic lefty, luckily I have a couple of them.