mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Lefty Speed Carbon DLR2, 110 mm

Is there any other adjustments I can make to this shock, other than the Air/PSI. I mess around with the rebound also, but I feel like it may be set for someone heavier, because over tech sections it bounces me around like a pogo stick. If I can adjust the sag, etc. can someone point me in the direction as to where to get the info on that.

thanks.

mad aussie
    Ryan, Cannondale has good information on their website here for setting sag. I would suggest about 25mm of sag to start.

http://www.cannondale.com/asset/iu_f...plement_en.pdf

It is also quite possible it is not correctly valved for your weight. I ran into this issue with my first lefty that was setup for a 175lb rider and was really harsh on small impacts and produced a lot of fatigue on longer rides. I traded it in on a Carbon SL and had it valved correctly and it was a night and day difference, the fork is much plusher.
    A guy like Craig (mendoncyclesmith) who posts here could do a great job of revalving it. If you are mechanically inclined and dont mind buying some tools you can also do it yourself, the internals are fairly simple.
    I was blown away by how quickly the Cdale tech rep could do a full tear down and rebuild on my fork, and that was with answering my questions and drinking beer to boot!

Kevin

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    i have a 110 speed carbon dlr2 on my 29er.

i also thought the fork felt like a pogo stock, especially so after stutter bumps.

i had to swap the neg spring in my fork, so i decided that i would experiment with the oil weight in the fork. i had read a thread that stated c-dale uses 2.5 wt oil in this fork but had a service manual that called for 5wt. either way, i thought either one was too light, so i decided to try 7.5 wt ( i bought 125/150 golden spectro).

the spring swap/oil change was pretty easy. i just too my time and follow everything to a "t".

went for a ride this past weekend and finally the fork feels VERY nice. Very smooth...HEAVENLY!!!

another mtbr uses posted they use 10wt and also had good results.

cost;
    $30 for castle tool. $15 for oil. $7 for a park spanner. Fork performance....PRICELESS.

my 2006 lefty max carbon spv evolve is next up for a 7.5wt oil swap.
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle