Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

lefty speed carbon. any info??

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  jh_on_the_cape 
#1 ·
hello, i've bought an scalpel 2000 05. the bike arrives in september 10. and my lbs doesn't know any info about the new lefty.
thanks.

#6 ·
maxterrier said:
hello, the scalpel doesn't arrive yet, my lbs said me that is a problem with fox or shimano. would arrive last days of september.
i'll write a review.
Seems to be a very common story.
My LBS has only received a Prophet 600 and a F600 for '05 models.
Last Wednesday the local Cannondale rep was in the shop he said they were having some problems getting some of the newer hi-tech components from the suppliers.
He didn't/wouldn't say who or what...

Keep us posted...

#7 ·
jekyllman said:
Last Wednesday the local Cannondale rep was in the shop he said they were having some problems getting some of the newer hi-tech components from the suppliers.
He didn't/wouldn't say who or what...
Probably Shimano and I heard Avid had trouble supplying enough Juicy 7 (almost every brand have some models speced with them for 05).

#8 ·
Lefty speed.....

maxterrier said:
hello, i've bought an scalpel 2000 05. the bike arrives in september 10. and my lbs doesn't know any info about the new lefty.
thanks.
Hi,
The 2005 lefty speed weighs in @ 3lbs/1360g & is offered in a lightweight air/oil cartridge design.
You can choose from 2 different internals... the first being a Fox TerraLogic inerta valve design which remains locked out during normal pedaling but reacts to to soak up shock & vibration. Next choice is the DLR2 which has a trail tuned air spring system which is super responsive to small bumps, it provides a super smoooooth bottom out feel to soak up those big hits. The speed also has a 14-click external rebound adjustment & size-specific compression damping ...The choice is yours?????

#10 ·
Sell your fork...

logie said:
does anyone know the price ,and will c'dale do a trade up from a used 04 dlr
Reguardless of which Headshok (Ultra, '04 Lefty, '00 Lefty, DD60 etc...) you trade in for the upgrade the discount is the same.

I inquired about the '05 Carbon Lefty Speed with Fox Terra Logic:
$1,199.00 MSRP
- 300.00 discount for upgrade
$999.00 + tax final price of Lefty Speed

If you're wanting to upgrade a used '04 dlr sell it on eBay and buy an '05 speed.
Your LBS might give you a good deal if that's where you bought the bike originally.

#12 ·
Not quite.

jekyllman said:
Reguardless of which Headshok (Ultra, '04 Lefty, '00 Lefty, DD60 etc...) you trade in for the upgrade the discount is the same.

I inquired about the '05 Carbon Lefty Speed with Fox Terra Logic:
$1,199.00 MSRP
- 300.00 discount for upgrade
$999.00 + tax final price of Lefty Speed

If you're wanting to upgrade a used '04 dlr sell it on eBay and buy an '05 speed.
Your LBS might give you a good deal if that's where you bought the bike originally.
$1199
-$300

That is $899 for the upgrade +tax if applicable. If it is even available. The info that I have says only the Lefty Speed Carbon DLR is available, it says nothing about the TerraLogic model.

#14 ·
logie said:
does anyone know what an 04 lefty dlr should be worth on ebay .used 2 months?
This totally depends on what type of DLR your seeking out?
A carbon DLR will go for $650+ if it's in prime condition ..holds air pressure? no bearing contamination? spindle threads in prime shape? mileage? All these factors must be considered before making your decision?

#16 ·
tmachalek said:
Hi,
The 2005 lefty speed weighs in @ 3lbs/1360g & is offered in a lightweight air/oil cartridge design.
You can choose from 2 different internals... the first being a Fox TerraLogic inerta valve design which remains locked out during normal pedaling but reacts to to soak up shock & vibration. Next choice is the DLR2 which has a trail tuned air spring system which is super responsive to small bumps, it provides a super smoooooth bottom out feel to soak up those big hits. The speed also has a 14-click external rebound adjustment & size-specific compression damping ...The choice is yours?????
Any info on this??? Also, any way to put a terralogic damper in a headshok???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.