mtbr member
    May 2007

Lefty Sensor Mount

Anyone us a Polar CS speed sensor with their Lefty?

How did you set it up?

Any pictures would be a great help.

Thanks,

Pete

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I don't about that particular model, but there's a sticky at the top with how to mount computers and various sensors.

I have some wireless VDO thing. I took the magnet out and glued it to the disk break. Then, I mounted the transmitter on the lower back side of the lefty with a few tie wraps. I did the same thing with the cadence mount on the cranks. I just glued the magnet to the crank and the transmitter on the seat tube. 75 miles of pounding and nothing has fallen off.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks Ziscwg

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    I don't about that particular model, but there's a sticky at the top with how to mount computers and various sensors.

I have some wireless VDO thing. I took the magnet out and glued it to the disk break. Then, I mounted the transmitter on the lower back side of the lefty with a few tie wraps. I did the same thing with the cadence mount on the cranks. I just glued the magnet to the crank and the transmitter on the seat tube. 75 miles of pounding and nothing has fallen off.
    Me lbs told me that wireless VDO's, mounted on a Lefty, aren't working quite well? Problems with the transmission. So he has recommended me a Polar? What's your opinion?
    GT Tequesta
    GT Zaskar Race
    C'dale Taurine
    C' dale Rush Carbon

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenvde
    Me lbs told me that wireless VDO's, mounted on a Lefty, aren't working quite well? Problems with the transmission. So he has recommended me a Polar? What's your opinion?
    Well, my VDO works with no problems. I would have like to used a Polar because of the heart rate fun. However, I did not want to put out $280 for the things I use. (I have a polar HR watch and like it.)

One thing about Polar HR watches, they are not too durable. I'm not sure if that is the case with the bike computers.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    GT Tequesta
    GT Zaskar Race
    C'dale Taurine
    C' dale Rush Carbon

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hi, does anyone managed to mount a speed sensor on a Lefty hybrid fork ? I have an adapter that worked fine with the older lefty models but no chance with the new Hybrid version...

Helmetless Crasher
    As someone said, there is a stickied thread w/ tons of pics in this forum that sheds light on this. The cleanest set-up IMHO is to fab a little mount that bolts to the caliper boss. Again, there are tons of pics of such a set-up in the thread.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I saw and read the threads, but they are very old, none of them recent than 3 years, you can imagine that at that time no Lefty Hybrid was in picture...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by muntos View Post
    I saw and read the threads, but they are very old, none of them recent than 3 years, you can imagine that at that time no Lefty Hybrid was in picture...

This works on any fork that mounts a disc brake caliper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t/photo-64.jpg
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hmm, interesting,thanks, I wonder it is home made or it can be found for buy?

Helmetless Crasher
    I made it with some "L-shaped" aluminum I had in the garage using a dremel, a drill, sand paper and black spray paint I had hanginng around. Worked very well for me before I moved on to a GPS based computer that does not use a sensor . . .

I still have that DIY sensor mount. PM me if you want it.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Ok, I will if can't find other solution. Many thanks

mtbr member
    Mount the speed sensor to the lower part of the leg and super-glue the magnet directly to the disc rotor. It worked great for me before I got my Garmin.