Fragglepuss The Chaste

Lefty to Righty conversion question

So I was given a gently used Cannondale frame and Lefty fjorks about a month ago. And not to be one to ride off the shelf bikes, due to my smugness and arrogance from a multitude of personal short comings, I'm in the process of converting the Lefty fjorks to a Righty fjorks.

I've got it working, despite some very off the cuff and uncouth angles that now accompany the bike. But it still doesn't feel quite right.

My guess is that the Lefty fjorks are designed specifically around a traditional right side drivetrain? Thus with a Righty fjorks I need to switch the bike over to a left side drivetrain to off set the wattage offset that would appear on the same side without the conversion.

So far I've crossthreaded the bottom bracket cups to the point where they are solid and no longer spinning-why I did this I have no idea as all I had to do was remove the XT cranks and install them backwards-but I guess I wanted it to be a 'true' left side drive conversion. Now I'm just left with the hanger and rear derailleur issue to sort out. I solved the front derailleur problem by reversing it and installing it upside down and moving to a 32-28 reverse dual ring set up with Ti bolts and flipping the chain. Of course I'll lube the chain from the bottom now.

My question is thus: will I need to turn the adjustment knobs on the top of the Righty fjorks opposite of what the knobs indicated in the old Lefty setup to make the same adjustments? This is the Lefty/Righty fjorks with the Fox Fjork internals.

Thanks.

Chumley for prez!
    this thread is worthless without pics....

mtbr member
    I like to see what happens to the disc brake mount...

mtbr member
    HAHHAHAHAHAHA, This is priceless! Easily wins funniest thread of the year so far !

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Sorry for not posting up pics earlier. I was out getting a hair cut. Here's the conversion so far. I took a different approach from before and hit it with a can of tennis ball yellow Krylon paint. Here's a shot of me riding fast to get the paint to dry quicker.

And a close up of the drivetrain before the front derailleur mod. It's coming along. Just need 7 more feet of chain and I should be golden. To save weight I'm forgoing a saddle and just wrapped an exposed part of the frame with an old spare tube.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro
    I like to see what happens to the disc brake mount...
    I just cut that piece of crap off. I was running dual 203's on the front with Code's and just couldn't get the stopping power and reliability of a pair of Vans and padded soccer socks.

Chumley for prez!
    Quote Originally Posted by chick0
    HAHHAHAHAHAHA, This is priceless! Easily wins funniest thread of the year so far !
    I don't get it? What's so funny? Doesn't everyone want their Lefty to be a Righty?

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn
    I don't get it? What's so funny? Doesn't everyone want their Lefty to be a Righty?
    I know, people on this website can be rude sometimes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Dont go Hang Gliding over the Grand Canyon after 4:30 PM.