mtbr member

Lefty PBR 140 KNOCK SOUND ON rebound

I got my oil changed from 5wt to 7wt shock oil and now when i run the same air pressure the shock when i compress the fork and jump the bike or pull the front end up to wheelie the bike over an object the front end make a loud banging sound and it feels like the fork is extending to hard. when i play with the compression knob on the fork it does help a bit but the knocking sound is still noticeable and i still feel the knocking. any ideas whats wrong...... could air be in the oil? could a part been put in wrong?

karl

mtbr member
    Bump

mtbr member
    any one ever worked on a PBR that has some advice

mtbr member
    anyone ever change out the oil in a lefty PBR and have this issue?

karl

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I get a clunking sound as it feels like there is play in the top of the travel. A bearing reset fixes it but it only lasts a few rides before it returns. I find it most noticable when doing a steep climb and I in the zone of just keeping the front from lifting.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Too many possible variables for me to come up with a solution based on your description.

Often, the thicker oil will cause things to move too slowly, based on spring rate, etc. If it's still present at the rebound level that makes you happy, I'd say thin the oil down. It's unlikely you damaged anything by changing it, but then again, I don't know what, and or how, you did it....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com