Thread: Lefty PBR 140

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Lefty PBR 140

How often does this fork need maintenance? I've had mine a full season and just wondering. Also, what do they do for the service and how much might I expect to pay?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    it depends on how and where you ride ))

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliyg View Post
    it depends on how and where you ride ))
    Riden quite hard on the front range of Colorado. Several trips to Moab. Most of the conditions are dry and dusty. Also, there is a slight tear in the shock boot. 1/4 inch at most. Also, have raced in @ LT100 twice, and several other 50+ mile races.

Thanks!! Also, what do they do to service it and what might I expect it to cost?

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LyncStar View Post
    Also, what do they do to service it and what might I expect it to cost?
    That all depends on who you choose to deal with. Some shops will do a "service" which consists of as little as a bearing reset, and regreasing the lower ends of the races.

Cannondale recommends a full service every year, and based on how much riding you do, you're due.

That level of service should consist of a telescope rebuild (tear it apart, clean and re grease all the races and bearings) and a damper rebuild (tear it down, new seals and oil).

Cannondale does a great job, but they also replace many parts that have plenty of life left in them, in the name of making it factory fresh. This costs more due to all the replaced parts, and their services run north of $100-$150, depending on many factors such as dealer profit tacked on top of Cannondales fee, labor they might charge for removal and reinstallation, etc.

Other places offer various levels of service, from a Cannondale-esque full redo, to simply tearing down, cleaning and rebuilding, only replacing those parts which require it. Prices can be all over the map.....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com