mtbr member

Lefty Monkey 29er

Here is the best use of a Lefty yet. This 29er rolls over anything in its path and gains momentum down the trail! After your first ride on one of these, there's no going back to little wheels. The stability when cornering, descending, climbing, jumping, and rolling over anyting is unmatched. Do yourself a favor and take a test ride on a big wheeler soon!
    Enjoy
    BOS
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Dell Image Expert Images\brooke\leftymonkey.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Dell Image Expert Images\brooke\leftybottom.JPG[/IMG]

singletrail lover
    Quote Originally Posted by BikesOnSnow
    Here is the best use of a Lefty yet. This 29er rolls over anything in its path and gains momentum down the trail! After your first ride on one of these, there's no going back to little wheels. The stability when cornering, descending, climbing, jumping, and rolling over anyting is unmatched. Do yourself a favor and take a test ride on a big wheeler soon!
    Enjoy
    BOS
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Dell Image Expert Images\brooke\leftymonkey.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Dell Image Expert Images\brooke\leftybottom.JPG[/IMG]
    sounds great - is there any way to see the pictures? your links seem to be pointing to your harddisk, where I do not have any access ;-)

mtbr member

pictures

mtbr member

pictures

mtbr member
    May 2004
    jaw drops

singletrail lover
    wow - i have never touched or seen a 29er in real life yet. but this is one I would love to try out...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    ?? Photoshop?
    The Karate monkey sports a standard 11/8 head tube and the lefty has a woping 1.5 steerer. So unless this is a mini-lefty with extended body, Im thinkin theres a pixel or two askew...

Sofa King We Todd Did
    Three words: custom steerer tube.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Travel limit???

Quote Originally Posted by BikesOnSnow
    Enjoy
    BOS
    Did you have to limit the travel on the Lefty? A friend of mine converted his Bullit to 29s. He had to limit the travel on fork because of tire contact with the crown on full compression.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    In that case, Kudos!
    Now youve got my thinking...I have a Lefty just sitting in the garage and a Karate Monkey thats currently rigid. Hmmm. How much did the fab work cost you? How is the handeling effected with the longer fork?

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I cannot say for sure, but it looks to be a slickly made set of reduction collars that fit into the existing clamps, cause they are original equipment. As to the crown interference, yes it will be a problem, have you deflated the fork and compressed it all the way to see if there is an issue? You have some great ideas, (love the ski on lefty thing) I would hate to se you get hurt by not having checked it out with this simple test. Best of luck, looks friggin cool!

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    Nice! I've been thinking about doing something like these.

Now that it's been several months since your conversion, do you have any opinions based on the miles that you've logged on this setup?

Hup, Hup
    That's a pretty interesting setup. Definately interested in a long term review of how it all works out for you.
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team