Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lefty Max won't hold air psi ?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  MendonCycleSmith 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I have a lefty max alloy and everytime i fill with air at the bottom of shock as soon as i disconnect the shock pump it lets all the air out?

The bike is almost new never been used for over a year its a Cannondale Rize 3 really i am lost with this its not my pump as its fine on my wifes bike and the rear shock rp2

Also everytime i reconnect the shock pump it reads 0 psi could it be a simple fix valve maybe? Lockout works fine to

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

Terry

#2 ·
Unless the fork/shock pump combo is known to be a happy pairing, first thing I'd do is try a different pump.

Also, look at the valve. If the needle is way down inside, it's one of the wacky deep valves that popped up for a while. Drop a small ball bearing, little tiny nip of copper wire, etc into the valve prior to installing the pump. Anything tiny will allow the pump you have to gain a bit more reach towards the pin. Just be careful no to crank it on all the way, or you'll flarg up your valve.

#3 ·
Unless the fork/shock pump combo is known to be a happy pairing, first thing I'd do is try a different pump.

Also, look at the valve. If the needle is way down inside, it's one of the wacky deep valves that popped up for a while. Drop a small ball bearing, little tiny nip of copper wire, etc into the valve prior to installing the pump. Anything tiny will allow the pump you have to gain a bit more reach towards the pin. Just be careful no to crank it on all the way, or you'll flarg up your valve.
Thanks for the fast reply

Its a funny one as the shock pump works fine with all my other bikes? but no has never been paired with my new rize so will deffo try a differnt pump from my mates

Can you please in simple terms explain again about ball bearing and wire trick i really am not clever with things like this lol

I am off to shed now to look at valve :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.