mtbr member

Lefty Max vs. Lefty ELO (upgrade on my Raven)

I have a Raven 2000 (model year 2001), and I am considering upgrading the LEfty ELO with a Lefty Max.

Before people start to tel me that my Raven is going to fall apart and I will kill myself... I juist got my bike inspected recently by my local Cannondale dealer (4th largest cannondale dealership in the US) and he said everything was fine...

So... I would like to get the wisdom of the MTBR Cannondale owners about the upgrade.

Specific concerns are:

- Performance of the Max vs the ELO (especially interested in pumping while climbing - which I think is one of the weakness of the ELO and why it really needs the ELO!)

- Fit on the Raven (since it has longer travel, I am worried that it might lift the front end of the bike too much - does anyone has measurements fro the spindle to the top of the fork?)

- Other...

Thanks.

Denis

mtbr member
    I would go to the dlr, forget the elo it's not worth it, get the dlr for lockout and rebound adjust, i wouldn't put a max on that frame, would throw off the handling, plus long travel forks aren't good for frames that weren't designed for them(your raven).

mtbr member

Rebuild

if i understand correctly you currently ride the elo and are thinking about upgrading to the max. i am riding a jekyll with a lefty dlr (Manual Lockout). i considered upgrading to the max, but after talking to a tech rep at cannondale --- i am opting to send my lefty back to cannondale and have them rebuild it. It will be as good as new when i get it back, (better because they set it up for your weight, ride style, ect...) and it will cost less than $200 rather than the $750 for the max.

the rep at cannondale was very helpful--give them a call!

Cannondale Bicycle Corp
    16 Trowbridge Drive
    Bethel, CT 06801
    PH# 1-800-BIKEUSA
    1-800-245-3872

Good Luck
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member

Rebuild

if i understand correctly you currently ride the elo and are thinking about upgrading to the max. i am riding a jekyll with a lefty dlr (Manual Lockout). i considered upgrading to the max, but after talking to a tech rep at cannondale --- i am opting to send my lefty back to cannondale and have them rebuild it. It will be as good as new when i get it back, (better because they set it up for your weight, ride style, ect...) and it will cost less than $200 rather than the $750 for the max.

the rep at cannondale was very helpful--give them a call!

Cannondale Bicycle Corp
    16 Trowbridge Drive
    Bethel, CT 06801
    PH# 1-800-BIKEUSA
    1-800-245-3872

Good Luck
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member

Sorry

sorry. i didn't mean to double post--Internet Explorer froze up!