mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Lefty Max for PERP?

Apologies if thios is a stupid question.
    Has anyone fitted a perp with a lefty max?
    The Perp is a gorgeous bike, but i love the lefty max on my prophet.

I have often wondered whether the two could be combined - it would be my dream bike!

mtbr member
    i understand the appeal of the lefty, but do you really want a 140mm fork on a 180/200mm travel freeride frame? you might as well just ride your prophet IMO.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I take your point.

Man - if there was ever a long travel downhill version of my lefty max i would be the first to buy it.
    I have a fox 40 rc2 on a downhill GT IT1 - as good as it is, i'm amazed at how much stiction the bushings have compared to the lefty max.

Like catnip for people
    I think the perp would look awesome with a lefty.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    sorry, but that's kinda like asking " hey can i fit a totem on my rush?" or not quite as bad. it would prob look kinda cool in a lefty kinda way, but completely ridiculous in terms of bike geometrics. i'm not sure about this, but doesn't the lefty have a relatively low ac height compared to other 140mm forks? anyway, it would totally screw up the head angle and totally transform the suspension dynamics of the frame, both front and rear. so no, i wouldn't advice on doing it i would wait to see what the cannondale santa is bringing come march,hehe

mtbr member
    This is the funniest thread in a while. Would love to see the Perp crush a Lefty. Would be quite symbolic of the times.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin G
    This is the funniest thread in a while. Would love to see the Perp crush a Lefty. Would be quite symbolic of the times.
    Actually, apart from not being 180/200mm travel and too short for the frame, i'm not sure which part of a Lefty a perp would crush?

It might be psychological, but i just cannot seem to take single crown forks seriously.
    It's a bit like trying to hold a baseball bat with your thumb and finger, instead of with two fists.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roj899
    Actually, apart from not being 180/200mm travel and too short for the frame, i'm not sure which part of a Lefty a perp would crush?

It might be psychological, but i just cannot seem to take single crown forks seriously.
    It's a bit like trying to hold a baseball bat with your thumb and finger, instead of with two fists.
    you're like the polar opposite of the anti-lefty people.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy79
    you're like the polar opposite of the anti-lefty people.
    That's me!

mtbr member
    Lefties will soon be a distant memory just as the Head Shock...

Cannondale should open up a museum of antiquated parts and frames.

mtbr member

This has nothing to do with the Lefty's strength and performance, it was from a production / demand standpoint.

Beta was better than VHS, but it too didn't have the numbers .

Ridin' dirty!

Didn't someone say that already.....??? about.......15years ago when cannondale first introduced the HeadShok????
    Or I can also remember when ol' Ritchey said that Full suspension bikes don't have a Future???
    Or when 3" Travel bikes were considered Hardcore DH rigs....now you can hardly find a CC bike with less travel.....

Maybe cannondale will have some sort of "Double Lefty" with +200mm travel pretty soon..... Hey....2 Carbon Lefty's will still be lighter than most DH Forks....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    why in gods name would you want to lose 50mm of travel on a freeride bike? Regardless of your feelings towards a lefty. Great fork but not better than any other top of the line fork out there. It's just different. I would classify my lefty on par with my NIXON and under my DOmain.
    Chance favors the prepared mind