Thread: Lefty Max ???

"A black kid on a bike?"
    Jul 2004

Lefty Max ???

I have a '04 Jekyll 800 (traded in a brand new F600 after being sucked into the Lefty craze). Anyway I was comparing specs with the various Prophet models and noticed that the Prophet 1000 is equipped with a Lefty Max with Manitou Stable Platform Valve. My question is 1.) Can I upgrade my fork with the SPV? and 2.) Does anybody know if this is a worthwhile upgrade? I know the SPV shocks more than live up to the hype, but what about the forks?

Thanks in advance,

JR

Are you talking to me?

Yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Rocket
    I have a '04 Jekyll 800 (traded in a brand new F600 after being sucked into the Lefty craze). Anyway I was comparing specs with the various Prophet models and noticed that the Prophet 1000 is equipped with a Lefty Max with Manitou Stable Platform Valve. My question is 1.) Can I upgrade my fork with the SPV? and 2.) Does anybody know if this is a worthwhile upgrade? I know the SPV shocks more than live up to the hype, but what about the forks?

Thanks in advance,

JR
    You can trade up to the Max Carbon SPV, but so far there is no retrofit kit in the works. (I may be wrong)

I am considerint it myself, as I have a MaxTPC+ on my Gemini 1000 right now.
    gfy

mtbr member
    this is an older post but not definitively answered. on of the cannondale reps was in town this last saturday and we were asking him about upgrading the lefty shocks. he said the lefty on the 2004 jekyll 800, my brother owns one, can only be upgraded to the tpc, or a better tpc if doesn't already have it, i forget, but not spv. he did say that the lefty on the prophet 600 can be upgraded to spv if you want to later.