Thread: Lefty max 140

mtbr member
    May 2011

Lefty max 140

Hi all Im in the process of servicing my Lefty max but for the life of me I cant find a socket/tool to remove the guts of the shock.Would anyone know what tool/tools I need as I would also like to inspect the needle bearings..

Just a flesh wound

Big Job

I serviced my own Lefty TPC 140 once. I sent it to someone who knew what they were doing after that.

I did a good job, but it took 5 hours and I spilled oil everywhere. Getting all the oil in is a PIA.

It started leaking again in 3 months. Sent it to Mendon and that was worth every penny.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Prophet 650b with a Lefty.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet Julio View Post
    I serviced my own Lefty TPC 140 once. I sent it to someone who knew what they were doing after that.

I did a good job, but it took 5 hours and I spilled oil everywhere. Getting all the oil in is a PIA.

It started leaking again in 3 months. Sent it to Mendon and that was worth every penny.
    Unfortunately Im in the UK and finding a good LBS is some what very difficult..

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    You try Thumbprint Tuning? I don't know them personally, but some of the Uk based folks around here have said good things.....

There's a tech thread sticky at the top of the page. If those pages don't do enough for you, you need to outsource the job.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    You try Thumbprint Tuning? I don't know them personally, but some of the Uk based folks around here have said good things.....

There's a tech thread sticky at the top of the page. If those pages don't do enough for you, you need to outsource the job.
    My bad I had read the sticky several times but had managed to miss the 19mm socket for some reason.. Sorry