Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: irideiam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    132

    Lefty, Made in Pennsylvania?

    I know Cannondale moved all production of frames to Asia in 2010. I know the Lefty's are still serviced out of Pennsylvania, but does anyone know if the current Lefty's are still being made in, Pennsylvania?

    Thanks
    Klunk on............

  2. #2
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,396
    Quote Originally Posted by irideiam View Post
    I know Cannondale moved all production of frames to Asia in 2010. I know the Lefty's are still serviced out of Pennsylvania, but does anyone know if the current Lefty's are still being made in, Pennsylvania?

    Thanks
    As far as I know, Lefties are still made in Bedford, Hollowgram cranksets too.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  3. #3
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,712
    Built in Bedford, of foreign and domestic parts.......
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  4. #4
    Happy Trails
    Reputation: Scott In MD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    944

    Lefty, Made in Pennsylvania?

    The filament-wound carbon fiber Lefty fork sub-assemblies are made with pride in Salt Lake City, Utah.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flash29r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott In MD View Post
    The filament-wound carbon fiber Lefty fork sub-assemblies are made with pride in Salt Lake City, Utah.
    Where in SLC are they made? I just recently bought a used fork from there and noticed there seems to be a lot for sale from that area.

  6. #6
    Ridin' dirty!
    Reputation: cdalemaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash29r View Post
    ...noticed there seems to be a lot for sale from that area.
    ....those are just the ones that don't pass final quality control and end up for cheap on the internet....jk.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flash29r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac View Post
    ....those are just the ones that don't pass final quality control and end up for cheap on the internet....jk.
    Well if the bad quality ones work this well I can imagine a first quality one!!

  8. #8
    Happy Trails
    Reputation: Scott In MD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    944

    Lefty, Made in Pennsylvania?

    I think a lot of the positive Lefty energy in the SLC area is driven by Infinite Cycles and Cannondaleexperts.com.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac View Post
    ....those are just the ones that don't pass final quality control and end up for cheap on the internet....jk.
    Seriously, Is that a joke, assumption or a common knowledge ?
    I can't imagine C'dale allowing bad batch to be used as it will fire back against them.
    I'm sure anything that don't pass QA gets destroyed.
    Flash29C2
    Scalpel 29C1
    Niner One9 SingleSpeed RDO fork
    Supersix Evo 1 Hi Mod D/A

  10. #10
    Ridin' dirty!
    Reputation: cdalemaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyElite2010 View Post
    Seriously, Is that a joke, assumption or a common knowledge ?
    I can't imagine C'dale allowing bad batch to be used as it will fire back against them.
    I'm sure anything that don't pass QA gets destroyed.
    Jk means "just kidding" there are a lot of cdales in that area from what i heard so the market for cdale parts including lefties is greater as well....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flash29r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac View Post
    Jk means "just kidding" there are a lot of cdales in that area from what i heard so the market for cdale parts including lefties is greater as well....
    Honestly, I lived in SLC for a 11 yrs and hardly saw any Cannondales at all. I rode my Synapse and was always passing Specialized as well as Felt riders. I can't speak much for mtn since I did not ride mtn a whole lot while living there. When I did Specialized seemed to once again be the main bike not counting all the high dollar Intense, Ellsworth, ect. Specialized ran a warehouse out of SLC and most dealers carried them.

Similar Threads

  1. Can a carbon lefty be made into a full time rigid fork?
    By ascarlarkinyar in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 08:55 PM
  2. Pennsylvania Passion
    By jkad in forum Passion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 05:53 AM
  3. So where in Pennsylvania are you located at?
    By skipnay in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 08:23 AM
  4. Pennsylvania Mike where are you?
    By Tone No Balone in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 03:59 PM
  5. Any Pennsylvania Fat bikers out there.
    By 1stiski in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 03:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •