mtbr member

Lefty Lockout question

Riddle me this....

My LBS says my leaky topcap and non-locking Lefty should be warranty work...OK...they send to Cannondale and it comes back good as new except...the lockout lever normally unlocked at 6 oclock and locked at 9.......now its unlocked at 9 and locked at 12 o'clock

I can live with it...but would Cannondale really return a Lefty after rebuilding it and have something internally off 90 degrees???

LA CHÈVRE
    Could it be that the lock-out lever was just bolted 90° off?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    The top of the shaft is keyed....has a flat spot that only allows the lever to be put on top of the shaft one way.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Easy, just undo the top cap, put the lever back on temporarily, rotate to the desired position (the whole shaft rotates freely, without damaging anything) and reassemble.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Ride Fast

Good job! A Good Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cdrush
    Riddle me this....

My LBS says my leaky topcap and non-locking Lefty should be warranty work...OK...they send to Cannondale and it comes back good as new except...the lockout lever normally unlocked at 6 oclock and locked at 9.......now its unlocked at 9 and locked at 12 o'clock

I can live with it...but would Cannondale really return a Lefty after rebuilding it and have something internally off 90 degrees???

They do that so you don't hit you knee on the lever. Trust me, in a crash when you smash into that lever, it hurts. It's a nice touch, but if you don't like it you can easily set it back. They call it the knee saver. I too got my lefty serviced about 2 months ago at my bike shop, and they did that.
    Last edited by Jakobie; 08-21-2007 at 06:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Good point...and thanks Mendon...as long as it is functionally sound it's all good.