Did I catch a niner?

New question here. Lefty Hub service manual

Is there such a thing? I assume it's like any other hub. I am going to pick up the pannier tonight to remove the side but I do not know what kind of bearings are going to be in there. I have a 2009 DLR 80mm lefty from a 2009 29er 2.

Reason for this is I am getting a lot of disc play up front and all signs from this forum point to the bearings so I would like to replace them plus from what my shop has done in the past I am not too impressed with their work. If it's a cartridge bearing what should I get? I have never put a cartridge set in a bike hub before nor seen one.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

LA CHÈVRE
    They're cartridge bearings yes but, a side to side play... is the play new? Did it develop or was it there from the start? If it was like that from the beginning, some hubs need some very thin shims between the disc-side bearing and the hub shell. You can either get the shims from a shop (maybe not your's?) or make some yourself out of a soda can.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Did I catch a niner?
    It wasn't there at the start. I only noticed it once I put BB7s on, with my old J3s the sound wasn't there. I have adjusted the BB7s many a times to get them as far away from the rotor as I comfortably can but it still rubs.

EDIT: Does anyone have a part number for the Cannondale shim? My LBS does not have them and he said he could not find anything to order through them.
    Last edited by Mr Pink57; 07-04-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I just changed both bearings because one was bad, the play went away.