mtbr member
    Feb 2004

lefty forkup problem

i just got a forkup for my prophet and it won't screw in at all. i can push the forkup half a inch for the end of the spindle and it will stop. i tried screwing in the screw but it won't catch the treads. do anyone have the same problem on the new lefty max 140 with the forkup??

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

what a forkup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by yiucycle
    i just got a forkup for my prophet and it won't screw in at all. i can push the forkup half a inch for the end of the spindle and it will stop. i tried screwing in the screw but it won't catch the treads. do anyone have the same problem on the new lefty max 140 with the forkup??

er....I'd like to help but I dont understand what a forkup is or what you are trying to do !! Sorry.
    R.I.P 26ers....

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    The forkup is a nice little thing that lets you put your lefty fork in a standard roof rack fork mount. Wish they were available in europe so I wouldn't have to use my homemade version with an old lefty hub... A big mystery to me why Cannondale are not knocking these off and selling them via their dealer network.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yiucycle
    Very wierd, I know exactly what you are talking about, I have one, and have no issues. I'll admit I have not used it on my Max yet, but the hub has not changed at all, so I doubt very much that the forks axle has. Take it back, I am thinking its a bad unit, or, look in there, is there a booger of powder coating that you can cut off, or a burr of some kind? Good luck!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i just found out that the forkup company is only couple miles from my house. i going to see if they can check out the forkup mount.