mtbr member
    May 2008

Which Lefty do I have?

I have recently bought a Lefty which was advertised as a 2005 Lefty Max 140 TPC. When I compare it next to a friends Lefty Max 140 FFD it is definitely shorter in length. I am waiting for a tool to arrive so I can reset the bearing migration and I am hoping this will increase the length. Is there any other way of checking which Lefty I have? I am concerned that I may have been sold a 130mm, although the seller assures me it is from a 2005 Prophet. Is there any way to tell if it is a TPC other than the stickers (which it does not have).

LA CHÈVRE
    What are the top and bottom like? Knobs, dials and such... As for the height, yes, a bearing reset could make it as tall as your friend's if you indeed have a 140 TPC.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hi Dan, The top is the same as the FFD with rebound adjuster and the bottom is also the same with the large black bolt with small hex bolt.

mtbr member
    The bottom of the TPC should have a round blue knob for compression adjustment

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    If you take the top cap off with a pin spanner, (little holes in it's top side) it's a 130.

If you use a Shimano/Truvativ/FSA/Campy BB tool to remove it (little engagement divots in the outer top edge) it's a 140.

This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ok, thanks guys. It appears I have a 140mm Lefty Max FFD. A genuine mistake for which the seller apologises and has offered a refund or reduction in price, so all good. Not sure whether to keep it now or hold out for a TPC or SPV.

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyeez
    Ok, thanks guys. It appears I have a 140mm Lefty Max FFD. A genuine mistake for which the seller apologises and has offered a refund or reduction in price, so all good. Not sure whether to keep it now or hold out for a TPC or SPV.
    I saw a rebound shaft and SPV air chamber on eBay the other day.....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V