I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005

Lefty Cyclocross?

Now that disc brakes are UCI legal, what are the chances of a lefty cx bike (rigid lefty as seen on the Bad Boy Solo).
    I don't know if the rigid lefty has any advantages over it's dual-brethren like it does in the suspension field?

Just thought I would toss it out there to those more knowledgeable than me, and see if it is something we may see crop up in the future..
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm not sure what the advantage would be- certainly a wheel change would be much slower than on a normal fork, and I think those are heavier than a traditional fork. It may steer more accurately, but the slow wheel swap might make it a non-starter.

LA CHÈVRE
    There would be no advantage, it would probably end up being heavier than a rigid cross fork. The reason a Lefty steers more accuratly than other suspensions is because the movement in the stroke stays stiff and straight throughout the travel, remove the suspension and two legs become stiffer unless you overbuild the rigid Lefty to the point it would be heavier... It would look cool but you wont see a CX race bike with one IMO.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I would be interested to see the next iteration of the SuperX with a rigid carbon blade and a disk.