mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Lefty Carbon MAX RLC for aftermarket ...

So I tried to placE an order for this from a local Cdale dealer, but was told that this one is not available aftermarket. Only as it comes on the RZ140. Anyone know another way? Perhaps it's a licensing issue with Fox, don't know.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    search Ebay,
    but I have not seen one.

I have kind of been looking for one to replace my Max TPC 140. Then I came to realize I should be working on making the bikes engine better, and not trying to save every gram. So, Im getting a road bike.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Silly me I thought I could pay over $1200 for a fork and get it through the proper channels. Maybe there just are not enough of the forks for aftermarket. Not sure how many of the RZ140 bikes they are selling. I'll keep an eye on ebay. Thanks ...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    also
    See if you can find a demo of a Rize 140 with the NEW 140 pbr lefty. I have not riden one, but "they" say that the valving was tweaked a bit to get better small bump response. The nice thing about the RLC was it's coil spring made that small bump response great.

If you like the new PBR max, then they are reasonably avail on ebay for 850-950 or so. You also get the added bonus of a little less weight.

One other thing I have come to realize about the RLC version is that my local shop wont do maint on it. That is the only one they send to cannondale. They do all the rest in house.

Fixin' shocks Day & Night
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    also
    See if you can find a demo of a Rize 140 with the NEW 140 pbr lefty. I have not riden one, but "they" say that the valving was tweaked a bit to get better small bump response. The nice thing about the RLC was it's coil spring made that small bump response great.

If you like the new PBR max, then they are reasonably avail on ebay for 850-950 or so. You also get the added bonus of a little less weight.

One other thing I have come to realize about the RLC version is that my local shop wont do maint on it. That is the only one they send to cannondale. They do all the rest in house.
    Awesome Suggestion and very similar ride characteristics.

mtbr member
    Which shop is this?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    There is a 2009 130 mm Lefty MAX Carbon RLC on E-Bay now if your intrested.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1104
    Which shop is this?
    Calabazas in Cupertino (or San Jose)
    When I was talking to their lefty expert about getting my Max TPC rebuilt, I mentioned I was looking at upgrading to the RLC 140 at some point. He mentioned they had got one of those in recently and decided it was best to send it to cannondale. I got the impression he would rather have the customer wait a few extra days and have it done right the first time.

mtbr member
    Calabazas in Cupertino (or San Jose)
    When I was talking to their lefty expert about getting my Max TPC rebuilt, I mentioned I was looking at upgrading to the RLC 140 at some point. He mentioned they had got one of those in recently and decided it was best to send it to cannondale. I got the impression he would rather have the customer wait a few extra days and have it done right the first time.
    That's good to know. I'll have to check them out next time I'm in the area. Thanks for the info.

Mr. Knowitall
    The Lefty Max RLC is available. It is in the price lists both in Europe and Asia (where I have asked for the price).

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I bought one from a bike shop, find a better shop

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hmmnn. They called C-dale up on the spot while I was there and was told that it was not available. He said he could check with the sales rep, but seemed busy at the time. I said it was not necessary as he had just called his source. Oh well. I'll see if my framebuilder can source it.