mtbr member

LA CHÈVRE
    A the the good old thread full of nonsense from people who clearly have not used a Lefty or don't even know how they work... I'm not sure it's even worth trying to educate them.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Just thought I'd pass on the "local" Cannondale bash-fest. It's stupid, I know.

jeff

mtbr member
    I like this one:
    "There are several reasons why something like a lefty will never go mainstream. The needle-bearing system prevents having a traditional sealed stanchion, so you rely on grease and a closed cartridge in the leg. There are then servicing and parts issues that you don't run into with traditional forks, and it also makes the practice of adjusting oil height (marz forks) impossible. Lack of lubrication (oil bath) puts it at a disadvantage. The fork is stiff because it essentially uses a "square" stanchion, and of course there are two crowns. Nothing too crazy about this really, but I like to occasionally let go of the bars, the lefty doesn't let you do this without immediately turning and trying to crash you. I also like how it's often claimed that since aircraft landing gear often have a similer configuration, that it's the way to go, but try and land an aircraft side-loaded (hitting objects at some angle other than straight ahead) and you can shear the landing gear right off."

Lack of an oil bath puts it at a disadvantage and letting go of the bars with a lefty always makes you crash.
    Last edited by az1jeff; 03-23-2010 at 10:02 AM.

LA CHÈVRE
    Well, at least there is a reason he seems to have very limited experience with a Lefty, would anyone let him try his bike?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Anybody have some hard data to argue this statement from the above Lefty/Cannondale bash-fest:
    "Find some substantiating evidence of Cannondale's suspension anywhere from 1995 until now actually innovating anything in the mainstream bike market and I'll gladly retract my statement."

Didn't someone post the proof of lefty stiffness vs. traditional style forks somewhere?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    It is real simple:

Twin tube forks = Yesterdays technology

Lefty = State of the art

Those who do not know are just ignorant to what progress has achieved.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Last edited by ASI CA; 03-23-2010 at 10:10 PM.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Opinions are like rear ends, everybody's got one, and they all stink

That said, let the mod have his opinion. I irks me that I can't openly dislike something without someone bringing up my mod status. I don't like everything, and it'll be okay!

I agreed to help keep spam at bay, and prevent things from getting out of hand. I never said I'd stop feeling the way I do. And I think the fact that he, and I can, is indicative of the true openness of these boards. Many of the tin hatters would have you think the admins prevent us from having a voice, or that we are here to crush yours if it interferes with advertisers, that just ain't so.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com