mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Lefty air pressure

Hi
    First of all, Im new to Mtb, so this may be a stupid question.
    I have just bought a Cannondale Taurine 2 2008 with a Lefty fork.
    I weigh 82 kilos so I pumped the Lefty up to about 130 psi as suggested in the manual. (Well the suggested airpressures were for Scapel and Rush but no Taurine)
    What makes me wonder is, that I find it very soft with that amount of airpressure. I can almost press the Lefty to the bottom, when applying force on the handlebar.
    I went to a bikeshop today, and tried pressing suspensions down on a couple of Cube and Scott bikes. They seemed quite a bit harder to push down.

What air pressure would you recommend for my weight?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by totti
    Hi
    First of all, Im new to Mtb, so this may be a stupid question.
    I have just bought a Cannondale Taurine 2 2008 with a Lefty fork.
    I weigh 82 kilos so I pumped the Lefty up to about 130 psi as suggested in the manual. (Well the suggested airpressures were for Scapel and Rush but no Taurine)
    What makes me wonder is, that I find it very soft with that amount of airpressure. I can almost press the Lefty to the bottom, when applying force on the handlebar.
    I went to a bikeshop today, and tried pressing suspensions down on a couple of Cube and Scott bikes. They seemed quite a bit harder to push down.

What air pressure would you recommend for my weight?
    I would start with the Cannondale recomendations, which you've already done. So now just keep going up in ~10psi increments until it feels right to you. Take it on some trails, if you don't like it adjust. Don't be afraid to play around with it until you find your sweet spot.

The right shock air pressure is dependent on so many things, user weight, the fork itself, what terrain you ride, personal preference... the list goes on and on.