Thread: Lefty ???

Moven on
    Sep 2007

Lefty ???

Hi Guys. I traded one of my R/C helicopter for a 05, Prophet 600 with very little time on it. So now I have been reading most of the post hear on the Leftys, & Prophets.

So I have already got into the fork and played with setting the preload, I ordered a black spring for it yesterday. I also had to fix the rebound knob. It looks like the knob was installed with no spring for the detinet balls, from the factory. The guy I got it from never had the fork apart, ( the dealer may have messed with it also ). So I made a makeshift spring to get me by until I can get the right one the knob works OK for now.

So on to my ???

1 The rebound seems a bit fast with the knob turned all the way in. I am thinking it is low on oil or needs thicker oil. I read somewhere that it comes with 2.5 weight and someone had used 5 weight. Any thoughts appreciated. The fork guide from Cdale is not too clear on how much oil to use ( it says 15 cc come out 115 go in, must be a misprint ). So any info on how much oil would also be appreciated.

2. I haven't had the fork off the bike yet, and was wondering if its keyed so it goes back on at the same angle in the clamps?

Thanks
    Dave

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Yep, the fork is keyed, no problem there. As to oil, if there IS adjustment range, just not enough for your taste, thicker oil will help. Sounds like the instructions you have are talking about DLR2's, not Maxes. All the oil dumps out and gtes replaced, not just some of it. Fairly easy to do, check the FAQ's, there are a number of threads on Left tear down, TPC upgrades (same basic procedure for oil change) have fun!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com