gearhead
    Dec 2004

Lefty 29'er Question

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but has anyone else had an issue with the front end of their Lefty-equiped 29'er being too high? I'm having a custom built and the issue is that with the required 4.5" head tube and a -5 degree 110mm stem the handlebar height is over 0.5" too high. Is there a steeper XC3 SI stem available?

Thanks,

Richard

Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Hope

My LBS the Slippery Pig in Phoenix, has a -20deg 120mm SI stem in stock. Not sure whats avalible in 110mm. I'm putting a 90mm on mine.
    Who cares how much gas you save, ride your bike to work because it's fun!!!!!!!

FIRENZE rulez !!
    me.

but not too high... i have saddle and bar same level

on a 26" this is a problem ... on a 29er i have no problem ... riding however well.

on a 29er some usual thinkings have to be re-thinked !!!

did you try to ride your 29er ?

gearhead
    Dec 2004
    No, the bike is still on the drawing board (it's custom). But the first draft of the geometry indicates that with the more rigid parameters of the lefty (head tube length and stems available) I'm not going to have enough saddle to bar drop. I normally ride 2.5 inches and it looks like the end result will be less than two inches.

I was thinking that this would be more of an issue with Cannondale building smaller sized 29'ers with the Lefty. (I'm 5'11" and ride a large)

I plan on adjusting my current bike (Superfly) and see how I like the more upright position.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    yes

i have a M .

i have 2 bikes Cannondale 29er , Lefty equipped both.

only people seeing my pics on forums asking me this issue ... never thought about it.

needed only one ride to forgot about it