Thread: lefty

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

lefty

Has anyone ever had trouble with their lefty sticking? My bike was not riden for about two weeks and when I got it out I thought the lock out was on, but after seeing it wasn't I just mashed down and it broke lose. It doesn't seem to be as smooth as it was before this happened. Can the air equalize in it?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I've had that happen too. What you can do is cut the bottom zip tie on your fork boot and lift the boot as far up the leg as you can. You'll see the machined faces the bearings ride on. Grease all 4 faces lightly and cycle the fork. Repeat a couple of times to get the grease worked into the bearings, then replace the fork boot. If it's still rough it has to go back to Cannondale for the bearing rebuild, the LBS's can't do it.

Maniac

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!

good advice from Maniac, I'd add that...

It sounds to me like some contaminants got into your bearings. Check your boot carefully for any tears, and replace it if any are found. Also don't forget to put a new zip tie on the bottom of the boot after greasing the bearings. Also the bearings can be replaced by the shop if they know what they're doing (and have the right tools).

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Thanks I greased the slides today and everything is smooth now.