mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Leads on getting a Lefty?

Hey, all-

Got my Prophet frame ordered, but would really like a Lefty on it. As it stands, I'll be using a 1.5" 5" Manitou sherman that I have. Nice fork, but a TPC+ lefty would be lighter...and I just like Lefties. Don't like SPV all that much (durability reasons; had/seen too many SPV dampers go), but would consider it as well. After all, it can be warrantied with TPC+....just like my Sherman was.

Anyone know where there's a good deal or trade on such a Lefty? Can't afford the apparent $1100 retail price at the moment, but I figured if anyone knows where a Cannondale deal could be found, you all would.

Thx.

MD

mtbr member
    ebay, do a search for lefty max

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by in the flesh?
    ebay, do a search for lefty max
    Yeah, that was the first place I checked...saw that one, but it's got 5 days left on it; I'll see how high the price is towards the end of the auction...

I just don't think I'll be able to get one of these, given the current finances. (moving, starting a new job at lower pay, etc...) We'll see what pans out.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Fox 36

Quote Originally Posted by AgentX
    Hey, all-

Got my Prophet frame ordered, but would really like a Lefty on it. As it stands, I'll be using a 1.5" 5" Manitou sherman that I have. Nice fork, but a TPC+ lefty would be lighter...and I just like Lefties. Don't like SPV all that much (durability reasons; had/seen too many SPV dampers go), but would consider it as well. After all, it can be warrantied with TPC+....just like my Sherman was.

Anyone know where there's a good deal or trade on such a Lefty? Can't afford the apparent $1100 retail price at the moment, but I figured if anyone knows where a Cannondale deal could be found, you all would.

Thx.

MD
    Consider the Fox 36. I've seen a couple on the trails. They are sweet looking forks.

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news...leview&id=2097

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by racerzero
    Consider the Fox 36. I've seen a couple on the trails. They are sweet looking forks.

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news...leview&id=2097
    Yeah, that's been a favorite of mine in concept for a while now. If I can't get a lefty, that's probably what I'll be going with...

MD

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Hey there, I can help, contact me @ cats3elton@aol.com, and I will get you pricing that should be better than average. Other than that, yeah, eBay.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I will be putting 2 Lefty's on Ebay. One is new from a Prophet 600 and the other is a Max Carbon Titanium from a 2005 Prophet 4000.
    I use a regular fork because I like a high bar position.I am using a Minute with a full lentgh steer tube and a riser bar.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rmerren
    I will be putting 2 Lefty's on Ebay. One is new from a Prophet 600 and the other is a Max Carbon Titanium from a 2005 Prophet 4000.
    I use a regular fork because I like a high bar position.I am using a Minute with a full lentgh steer tube and a riser bar.
    PM me with prices if you're interested in selling them outright...

MD

Headhunter on 2 wheels

lefty fork

i'm also interested... pls pm me the price.

with Mountain Bikes!
    Jul 2005
    The wife and I are both getting ready to get new Titus MotoLites and will be using parts off of our Jekylls. So, unfortunately we won't be able to use the two Lefty forks we have. They are both 2004 models. One came on the Jekyll 1000, and has the TPC+ damping. The other came on a Jekyll 800, with no TPC damping cartridge, however, had the TPC cartridge added by our lbs.

If you aren't in a hurry, I should have both of them for sale in about 4 weeks.

Just let me know if you are interested. I will make you a great price on them!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    obsessed i would be interested in them as well...lefty hub off the wheelset too..that isn't going to be used?

with Mountain Bikes!
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Penn State
    obsessed i would be interested in them as well...lefty hub off the wheelset too..that isn't going to be used?
    Penn State, give me your email address and I will contact you when I get ready to sell. It should be approximately 3 - 4 weeks.

Headhunter on 2 wheels

Lefty TPC

obsessed, what's the size of your wife's jekyll? i'm interested in one. please email me at vince68 @ gmail dot com. cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed
    Penn State, give me your email address and I will contact you when I get ready to sell. It should be approximately 3 - 4 weeks.
    Last edited by cy6ex; 08-02-2005 at 06:36 AM.