mtbr member

LBS says I'm gettin' my Flash by the end of the week!

Just got a all from my LBS to tell me that my Flash Carbon 29er 2 has shipped! He said he thinks it could be in the shop as soon as Wednesday. So psyched; they had said mid-october, which I took to mean early November. Here's hoping I can ride at least a couple laps on it at the 12 hour race I'm doing this weekend!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yeah, mine shipped on Friday. Cant wait to get it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Mind weighing your Flash when you get it? I'm trying to decide between the 2 and the 3.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    For the 2 guys that said their Flash was shipping soon...WHEN DID YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER? I order mine in early August. Maybe mine is coming soon also? Maybe just a pipe dream?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    My shop just got a Flash HiMod 1 29er yesterday. It's sweet. Matte carbon finish, XLR remote, and even the lefty has the cool matte carbon finish.

I'm thinking I might be walking out with it tomorrow.

It's either that or the SuperX.....decisions. I can definitely race the Flash as CX....

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by historeeteacher
    For the 2 guys that said their Flash was shipping soon...WHEN DID YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER? I order mine in early August. Maybe mine is coming soon also? Maybe just a pipe dream?
    I ordered mine in June, like the week after the Park City Demo event. It arrived at the shop today, and should be built up tomorrow I'm hoping.

mtbr member
    C'mon guys, pics or it didn't happen. Pretty cool that the Lefty has a matching matte finish.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ybzoc
    I ordered mine in June, like the week after the Park City Demo event. It arrived at the shop today, and should be built up tomorrow I'm hoping.
    It was built up when I posted on your wall.

I'm going to sit on it tomorrow to see if I'm a L. That bike is seriously ****ing rad.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Cannondale Flash 29er Hi-Mod1
    Cannondale Cadd9

Team PACC/Plano Cycling

mtbr member

Wow.

I take it you swapped out the handlebars? Or did it come w/ Noir's? It also looks like the XLR lockout is on a different clamp than the brakes/shifters, is that the case?

Also liking that it came with the gray X.0 graphics and not the red...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yeah, I swapped out the handle bars. And the lockout it on a different clamp yes.

Weighed in at 21.3 tubeless(lots of stans in it).
    Last edited by ybzoc; 09-30-2010 at 05:01 AM.
    Cannondale Cadd9

Team PACC/Plano Cycling

mtbr member
    Wow, that looks really good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Looks fantastic! Can't wait to hear how great the ride is.

Congrats

mtbr member
    Yeah, I swapped out the handle bars. And the lockout it on a different clamp yes.

What pedals?

BTW, you may already know this, but I believe you can mount the shifter and brake lever to the XLoc clamp (replacing the left hand matchmaker) if you wanted to clean up the bar a little bit. You then loose flexibility of moving the lockout seperately from the brake lever.

mtbr member
    I'm a bit surprised. Thats a pound heavier than my 2010 XL came in at. I only swapped the bars, seat, and rotors, and its not hi-mod carbon either. You didnt add a full pound of Stans did you?

I have a 2011 on order, I was hoping to see a larger drop with the hi-mod frame, the redesigned stem, and the hollowgrams.
    Last edited by ErrantGorgon; 09-30-2010 at 02:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantGorgon
    I'm a bit surprised. Thats a pound heavier than my 2010 XL came in at. I only swapped the bars, seat, and rotors, and its not hi-mod carbon either. You didnt add a full pound of Stans did you?

I have a 2011 on order, I was hoping to see a larger drop with the hi-mod frame, the redesigned stem, and the hollowgrams.
    I'm not too surprised, although it's a bit heavier than I expected too. The only things that are lighter are the frame (80g?), stem (10g?), and hollowgrams (50 g?, the FSA's were really light too. (625g w/out BB I think).

Keep in mind that it has a heavy XT cassette (336g), and that also the Lefty's are a touch heavier this year with their revised damping adjustments and XLOC remote.

I'm curious if it's 21.3lbs. including pedals. Stan's is 40g per scoop if filled to the line.

ErrantGorgon, I'm going to be pissed if you get yours before I get mine! Not going w/ the Scalpel?

LA CHÈVRE
    Wow, I'm not a 29er kind of guy but, this thing is making me drool! A real beauty! Enjoy...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos

ErrantGorgon, I'm going to be pissed if you get yours before I get mine! Not going w/ the Scalpel?
    I doubt I'll see it any sooner than you. I have no leverage with Ohran, maybe someday.

I'd love a scalpel but at 6'4" I'm reluctant to leave the 29er platform. I'm hopeful that Cannondale will drop a 29er dually XC race bike soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    21.3 with XTR pedals. I don't know how much stans, as the shop put it in there.

I was hoping sub-21 myself.
    Cannondale Cadd9

Team PACC/Plano Cycling

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Wow, I'm not a 29er kind of guy but, this thing is making me drool! A real beauty! Enjoy...
    Ditto that!!!
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS
    2012 Seven steel 29er SS rigid

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Anyone gotten their Flash Carbon 29er 3 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md
    My shop just got a Flash HiMod 1 29er yesterday. It's sweet. Matte carbon finish, XLR remote, and even the lefty has the cool matte carbon finish.

I'm thinking I might be walking out with it tomorrow.

It's either that or the SuperX.....decisions. I can definitely race the Flash as CX....

I'm waiting on a Flash Carbon 29er 3 ........ anyone seen one in the shops yet? ..... if not, what kind of ETA are folks hearing?

I feel like I'm playing Go Fish here ..... Anyone got any 3's ??

mtbr member
    My LBS had a 3 in last week, no sign of my 2 yet though...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I ordered my 2011 Flash Carbon 3 in the first week of August and was just told yesterday by my Cannondale rep that it would be here by the end of the month. Cannondale is telling my LBS (via the internet) that it is going to ship on Oct 23. Have your LBS look at their Cannondale order webpage...it will tell them their most up-to-date shipping date. These dates can change for better or worse. My LBS says Cannondale can say it will ship on Oct 23, but it could show up tomorrow (or vice versa).